Thirty Three

"Are you sure you should be at school?" Joe questioned as he made his way into school with Demi and Josh, he could see how down Demi was but he didn't expect anything less from her. He was the same when he lost his father, it seemed a while ago now but he still missed his father so much wishing he was still around.

"Yeah, I just want to get my mind off it." Demi mumbled giving Josh a thankful smile when he wrapped his arm around her shoulder in a comforting way.

"He's not suffering anymore." Josh tried to comfort Demi nodding her head.

"Hey Josh, you ready to come back and away from your loser of a brother?" Aaron inquired as they met him in the corridor not planning to stop but he stood in front of them. Josh removed his arm shaking his head gently.

"My brother isn't a loser, I consider you as the loser. Me and Joe are finally getting on again and I wouldn't want to throw that away again." Josh stated.

"Whatever," Aaron begun looking down at Joe who wasn't scared to look back up at him even if he was quite tall. "He's useless."

"My boyfriend isn't useless, just leave us alone." Demi snapped slightly grabbing the handlebars of Joe's chair pushing them away from Aaron until he spoke again.

"I heard about your father Lovato, I'd be surprise if he was proud of you. Dropping out of cheerleading and whatnot." Demi turned around seeing a sly smirk on his face knowing he was getting to her.

"Fuck you!" She snapped lunging herself at him but Josh held her back.

"You don't want to sink to his level." Josh tried to encourage her Demi taking in a deep breath nodding her head.

"Don't speak about my father like that, he was a great man, a better man than you'll ever become." Demi spoke before removing herself from the situation around the corner Joe and Josh following not far behind her.

"Come here." Joe demanded Demi sighing as she leaned down hugging him gently, they barrier caused problems but Demi wouldn't want to change it.

"Do you want to come over?" Joe inquired. "We'll do something to get your mind off everything." Demi cracked a small smile but shook her head leaning down kissing his lips gently.

"I'm going to spend some time with my mom, we'll cheer each other up a bit. Can you come to the funeral on Saturday though?" Joe didn't hesitate to nod his head.

"Of course, see you tomorrow." Demi kissed his lips one last time before she climbed off the bus as it stopped at her stop. She enjoyed the small walk back to the house, it was quiet and gave her time to think over everything that had happened. She had tried to eat more today her mother making sure she sat down and had breakfast but even then she ate half a bagel. It wasn't enough for her body to keep going. She entered the house seeing her mother enter the hallway with a dish cloth in her hands, she couldn't imagine how lonely she must be getting.

"How was school?" Dianna questioned as they shared a hug.

"It helped." Demi admitted pulling away. "How are you doing?"

"Getting there." Dianna breathed.

"I thought we could watch a film or something, James Bond. Dad loved it." Demi suggested.

"I was going to prepare dinner but we'll order takeout and have a night together, go get it ready." Dianna demanded softly.

"I just need the bathroom." She stated dropping her bag on the floor running upstairs as Dianna entered the kitchen again. She swung the bathroom door open stepping in before shutting the door behind her.

She stared at the razor on the edge of the bath biting her lip gently.