Fifty Nine

Joe only spend three days, four nights in hospital and was getting ready to go home late morning on the fourth day. He felt a lot better now knowing that he will walk again in the near future and be the person he wanted to be since his accident, he was fed up of Demi having to look after him when they both had a daughter to look after as well. It was a weird sensation for him to be able to feel his legs at all but he was still a long way off walking.

"Dada!" Kaia squealed as Demi entered the hospital room carrying the little girl in her arms. Demi smiled placing her on the bed watching as she crawled over to Joe who brought her up in his arms. She didn't really prefer either of them, she liked Joe to feed her but Demi to put her to bed. They wanted to make her a big sister in the future and have their own baby.

"Hey baby girl." Joe greeted kissing her head.

"How are you feeling?" Demi questioned.

"I'm still a little sore but I'm getting there," Joe replied. "Mom packed my bags yesterday and I already signed the release forms so we can go." Demi lifted Kaia up again making her whine, she hasn't had Joe around for the past couple of days so whenever Demi came to visit she always got a little fussy when it was time to leave.

"You can sit with daddy again in a minute, look go play with Percy." Demi demanded softly handing her the stuffed penguin Denise got her when they welcomed her to their lives. Kaia was amused as Demi carefully helped Joe back into his chair not wanting to hurt his back or anything where they had to operate. Joe was in a little pain but nothing unbearable. Once he was in Demi lifted Kaia up again placing her on Joe's knee how made sure he had a tight grip on his daughter.

"Dada!" Kaia giggled as Joe pulled faces at her.

"Is daddy being silly Kaia?" Demi cooed laughing as she buried her head into Joe to hide away from the faces he was making. Demi started to push his wheelchair so they could get home to Woody who also missed Joe.

When they got back home Demi made sure Joe was comfortable on the couch Woody sitting up next to him his head in his lap. Kaia had been laid down for a lap once she got fussy in the car on the way home. Joe was glad to be home. Demi entered the room passing Joe a mug of coffee which he took setting it on the side next to him.

"How have I ended up with his backside?" Demi questioned the two of them laughing as Demi sat down lifting Woody up so she could. Woody was a calm dog and let Demi do it, Joe leaned down kissing Woody's head gently continuing to run his fingers through his fur.

"When do you think we should do the exercises?" Demi questioned.

"I think morning and night will be best, maybe as time goes on I might be able to do them by myself." Joe stated but kept his eyes on the screen.

"I don't mind helping." Demi stated leaning over taking hold of his hand smiling as he leaned down pecking her lips gently.

"I know but you do too much, you look after me and a one year old as well as your own bakery. I don't know how you do it all." Demi giggled slightly.

"It's just what's got to be done, I'm not going to let your disability stop us from being a normal couple, sure we've never had sex but I'm not bothered about that. I may be saying different if I weren't a virgin though." Joe laughed this time.

"All I'm saying is whenever I'm walking again whether that's in a year or two it's time for me to take care of you." Joe demanded looking down at her.

"You can look after me in my old age when I'm in a wheelchair." They both laughed sharing a kiss before they carried on watching TV with Woody sleeping in-between them.