Forty Two

"I know what your gonna say!" Josh exclaimed as he entered the living room, they had called him over to talk about what had happened. "But tell me it worked." Joe and Demi looked at one another smiling slightly, they had Josh to thank for what had happened even if it wasn't the right way to do it, they were glad he did.

"It did." Demi stated Josh sitting down in between them.

"See, I know it was wrong, I just wanted to do something to help." Josh stated.

"When did you go in?" Joe inquired.

"Yesterday."

"We got the call yesterday, that means that we got picked pretty much straight away after I was apparently out of the chair. It had to be my wheelchair stopping couples from choosing us." Joe stated sighing slightly but they both knew that it was that reason, they just wanted to get the chance for a couple to get to know them and see that the wheelchair wasn't going to be a barrier.

"We both knew that Joe." Demi breathed.

"So what's happening now?" Josh questioned them both.

"We met with a teenage couple earlier, Bethany is only fifteen and Jesse is sixteen and they want the best for their baby so their putting him or her up for adoption. They seemed to like us but they don't have to pick right away, we'll probably meet a couple more times, probably here so they are sure that we're the right people to look after their baby." Demi explained.

"I hope everything works out for you both," Josh patted Joe's leg gently standing up. "Now where is this puppy?" They laughed slightly.

"Sleeping under the chair because he's small enough." Joe stated grabbing the dog treats shaking the packet slightly the three of them laughing as Woody ran out and over to Joe, Josh lifted him up in his arms before setting him on Joe's lap who fed him a treat.

"He's cute." Josh cooed.

"You should bring Theo over to play with him." Demi suggested.

"No cause he'll ask for one and we don't have the time for that, I have to go home and do some marking but I'll see you both soon." Demi followed Josh out seeing him out before she came back leaning down pecking his lips.

"I'll get us some dinner, a sandwich?" Joe nodded his head in agreement keeping his eyes on woody who was playing with the bottom of his shirt. "Are you okay?" Joe looked up at her again nodding his head gently smiling.

"Yeah I'm just tired." He admitted.

"We'll have an early night." Demi promised kissing his forehead before entering the kitchen laughing as Woody followed her.

"You know it worries me that I'll never walk again." Joe confessed as they were laid in bed that night about to settle down but Joe didn't think he'd be able to.

"Of course you will Joe, just as soon as we have enough money. It shouldn't be too much longer with the money your mom has saved up." Demi answered leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I don't mean it in that way. I haven't walked since I was eleven, the muscles are probably none existent." Joe explained.

"I guess there is that but once you can at least move them I'm sure you can do some exercises to build the muscles back up and I can help with that if you struggle. It may take a while but it could work," Demi assured him smiling as Joe wrapped his arms around her squeezing her gently. "Don't worry about it, if it was supposed to happen it will now go to sleep." She pecked his lips gently before they both settled down gently falling to sleep.