Fifty Eight

"Joe!" Demi exclaimed giving him a tight hug, Joe laughed locking his arms back around her kissing the side of her head. Denise was smiling too rubbing his arm gently. She couldn't be more proud of her son and how much he has achieved even though he had been stuck sitting down, he may have been down for a couple of years pushing people away at it but she could say she was proud of the man he had become. Demi pulled away feeling her eyes well up with tears.

"Why are you crying? I'm the one who has my legs back." Joe laughed but he knew he had his own tears in his eyes.

"I'm just so happy for you." Demi breathed kissing him gently before pulling away wiping away the tear that escaped his eye but they both paid attention to the doctor.

"Sorry carry on." Joe stated but the doctor shook his head smiling slightly at the couple, they loved each other and he could see.

"It's okay, you'll need to continue with the leg work outs and going to physiotherapy to continue to build the leg muscles back up. You'll start feeling changes and you may be able to walk with support sooner than what you think." He explained but Joe's dream was to walk unaided, it would be nice to walk again with support but he wants to do it all by himself.

"Surely the sooner he's up and walking with support the better, that will build the muscles up even more." Denise stated the doctor nodding his head.

"Of course, we'd like to keep you in here for a couple of days just to make sure everything stays as it is and a physiotherapist will come twice a day while you're here and give you some advice." Joe nodded his head showing he understood the doctor giving them some more advice before he left shutting the door behind her.

"You'll be okay with Kaia right?" Demi nodded her head.

"Of course, if the doctor thinks you're better off here for a couple of days then I'll be just fine with Kaia." Demi replied kissing his temple gently.

"And she knows where I am, just concentrate on yourself for once Joseph." Denise lectured Joe laughing slightly thanking them as they helped him sit up now he had been examined, he still felt a little groggy but he knew that he'd feel much better when he was walking again.

Demi smiled as she entered the house seeing Kaia toddling over to her but she gave up halfway sitting down reaching out for her mother. Demi put her bag down leaning down lifting the one year old up into her arms giving the side of her head gently.

"Hey baby girl." Demi greeted pulling down her shirt a little bit.

"Dada." He mumbled Demi smiling.

"Daddy is in the hospital but we'll go see him tomorrow." Demi spoke as she entered the living room nearly bumping into Josh.

"Oh there she is!" He exclaimed taking her from Demi as she shook her head.

"I thought you would have learnt you need to keep your eye on toddlers," Demi lectured greeting Theo who was playing with Woody on the floor as she sat down. "How has she been?" Josh set Kaia back down on the ground as she struggled in his arms the two of them watching as she made her way over to Woody.

"Theo stop playing while Kaia is around," Josh demanded Theo stopping. "She's still calling me daddy." He spoke to Demi making her laugh.

"I don't blame the girl, you could at least change hairstyles so she wouldn't get confused." Demi answered but Josh shook his head.

"Never going to happen," Demi laughed again. "How is Joe?"

"It worked." Demi grinned laughing as Josh pulled her into a hug.