Sixty Five

It had been about a month since Joe walked for the first time and now he was up and walking everywhere, he felt much better for it. He had gotten used to life in a chair but now he was walking again he couldn't imagine sitting back down again. He could play with Kaia outside like they both wanted, he could start to learn how to drive. He was a smart person, he had soon picked up on it and was already getting there. It just felt good for him not having to have Demi do everything for him, he could get up when he wanted and get Kaia up and dressed too. He knew it was a better life for Demi. Joe at the moment was stood in front of the stove cooking an omelette for Kaia and himself, Demi was having a well deserved lay in.

"Daddy no burn." Kaia stated as she was colouring waiting for her dad to finish her breakfast, she preferred the dad she had now, they spent much more time together and doing different activities. Joe spent more time at home with being in the job he was in.

"Hey it's been a while since I cooked anything, I'm allowed to burn a couple of things." Joe defended himself making Kaia giggle.

"Mommy better at cooking." Kaia demanded Joe shaking his head at his daughter.

"I'll let you make your own breakfast tomorrow then," Joe snapped jokingly making Kaia giggle again at her father being silly. "Here you go my little princess." Joe set the plate in front of her the omelette already cut up for her to eat kissing her head gently, Kaia picked up her fork stabbing a bit before beginning to nibble on it.

"Can me and mommy make cake today?" Kaia questioned.

"I don't see why not, I think Uncle Josh is coming over for a bit with Theo though," Joe stated Kaia shrugging her shoulders. "Do you not care for Uncle Josh?"

"He not allowed cake!" Joe chuckled leaning down feeding Woody his breakfast while his omelette was cooking in the pan. His legs still ached a bit if he stood or walked for too long but the muscles were still building up and he would never be able to move to a job where he had to be on his feet all day. Joe sat down with Kaia as they ate breakfast, he was in the middle of washing up when Demi entered the room kissing Kaia's head but looked over at Joe as she turned to him.

"I think it's time." She breathed Joe nodding his head.

"Time for what?" Kaia questioned.

"Nothing princess, you just stay here and colour. Me and mommy will be back soon." Joe promised kissing her cheek gently grabbing Demi's hand as they both wondered upstairs.

Demi exited the bathroom sitting on the bed with Joe but smiled as he brought her onto his lap. She leaned up kissing him gently before pulling away leaning her head on his collarbone as his arms were locked around her. The silence was comfortable but they were both deep in thought about the same thing. Demi was the one to speak first.

"Wouldn't it be amazing if it worked the first time?" Demi questioned.

"I wouldn't get your hopes up though Demi." Joe stated Demi nodding her head gently looking up at him again.

"We've just waited so long for this." She breathed Joe nodding his head in agreement.

"And I want this just as much as you do but we'll see." Joe answered keeping his arms around her until they heard a beeping noise.

"Come on!" Demi exclaimed clearly excited Joe laughing as he was dragged into the bathroom and over to the sink where Demi stopped the timer. "You do it."

"Are you sure?" Demi nodded her head Joe pecking Demi's lips before he brought the item up in his hands flipping it over.

"We're pregnant." Joe revealed after he took everything in.

"W-We are?" Demi stammered Joe nodding his head showing her the test in his hands.