Six

It was about a week later when Joe was getting ready for karate lesson, Denise thought it might help with his anger a little bit. Joe spent a couple of days off at home with his mother and youngest brother but the past two days he had gone to school with his twin brother and had lasted the whole day without getting into a fight or getting angry. Joe was never really known for being angry but when someone brought up his father and in a bad way he'd lose it.

"I'm jealous, you get to have a karate lessons!" Josh exclaimed as he watched his brother get changed into a pair of sweats and a tank top that his mother had brought him.

"Mom said you can come if you want." Joe answered.

"Nah I don't fancy getting hurt." Josh replied.

"Stop moaning then!" The two brothers laughed. "Mom said you can come watch though if you want to come?" Josh nodded his head getting up from his bed beginning to get changed again. He was happy his younger brother appeared to be a little happier compared to a week ago. He really did have a strong bond with their father. Stronger than any of his other brothers or himself. They all still cried and got frustrated at it but they were all slowly learning how to cope without him being here. Denise had her five boys to keep her mind distracted.

"Are you coming now Josh?" Denise questioned in the doorway.

"Yeah but I'm just watching, I don't wanna join in." Josh answered as he pulled a shirt over his torso the two boys making their way over to their mom.

"That's fine, come on then the babysitter is here." Denise wanted to be there for Joe's first lesson but in future she would drop him off and leave him. They were slowly growing more of a bond after Joe lost his father but Denise didn't mind. As long as she had a relationship with him and he knew that he could come to her any time of the day or night.

"He's good." Josh grinned as he sat next to his mother on a bench watching his brother kick the master's hands. It was his first lesson so he was spending most of his time with the newbie seeing if he had anything special in him. He had grin on his face seeing the young boy kick his hands. He was good for a beginner but the more Joe kicked the more he got angry until he couldn't hold his anger in any longer. Denise and Josh watched as he kicked one last time as hard as he could both Joe and the master screaming as Joe fell to the ground. The remaining students eyes were on them as the master held his hand in pain and Joe sobbing in his hands. Denise rushed over holding Joe in his arms as he cried. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea.

"I'm sorry, he's just going through a tough time losing his father." Denise apologised holding a sobbing Joe in his arms.

"It's fine, he's not the first," James begun shaking his hand. "Take him home but he's welcome back next week if he's up to it, there's something special about this boy." Denise nodded her head a bit confused by what he meant but helped Joe up.

"I'm sorry." Joe muttered to James before Denise led him away. Josh took his hand to comfort him as they both made their way outside.

"What did he mean by Joe is special?" Josh questioned.

"Joe is special aren't you Joe, maybe he's just really talented at karate. Did you enjoy yourself Joe?" Joe sniffed as he nodded his head.

"I-I just kept thinking about the man who shot dad and lost it again, I'm sorry mom." Denise kissed his head gently.

"It's okay baby boy, your learning how to cope. Sometimes it will end in tears but sometimes you'll be able to control it, this time you wasn't and that's fine. It's what you do with your anger that is the problem and this time you hurt someone. Just don't do it again alright?" Joe nodded his head gently as he climbed into the back of the car with his twin brother.

-------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!