Fifty Four

Demi wondered back upstairs the next morning after she helped Joe downstairs peering into the bassinette on her side of the bed smiling as she saw Kaia still sleeping. She had a feed about an hour ago and dropped off to sleep, Joe and Demi never really got back to sleep afterwards and decided to get up. Demi decided to leave her to sleep in peace making her way back downstairs sitting next to Joe who was munching on his cereal Demi pouring her own bowl. Woody was in the corner having his own breakfast after Joe took him outside for a little bit but Demi would take him for a walk soon, Joe often went out with him in his chair, he was a big dog now but he still liked to think he could climb up onto Joe when he's in his chair. He often slept with them on the couch in the day but never with them at night. They didn't allow him in bed.

"Is she still asleep?" Joe questioned Demi nodding her head.

"And I'd like to keep her that way." Demi laughed slightly as Joe nodded his head in agreement. They knew every feed she had and every nap she had was helping her grow. She was a healthy baby and they hoped to keep it that way, they didn't want any problems occurring.

"We should introduce her to Woody later on, we'll just have to be careful." Joe stated Demi nodding her head this time in agreement.

"He's probably wondering what's going on but it was funny when he ran out yesterday when she was crying." Joe laughed.

"It definitely feels as if I'm a dad now, I'm tired!" Joe exclaimed making Demi giggle leaning over kissing his cheek gently taking hold of his hand.

"Do you want this operation now or later?" Demi questioned Joe shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't know how much time it's going to take up when we could be looking after Kaia. I think we'll talk to a doctor first and see afterwards." Joe explained.

"If that's what you want." Demi answered Joe nodding his head.

"I mean it's not great in here but I can wait a year or two if it's better for Kaia." Joe admitted as Demi smiled. She knew they would both put Kaia before anything else and it was huge that Joe was putting back his operation if it was better for Kaia.

"Woody!" Joe called soon seeing the dog run in and over to him Joe fussing him as he put his front paws up on his legs. Joe patted the couch making him jump up settling down a little bit his front paws still on Joe's legs. Demi wondered downstairs with Kaia in her arms after she had a diaper change she was content in her mother's arms, Joe attached the leash to his collar Demi taking hold of it before laying Kaia down in his arms. She would be ready to pull Woody back if he became aggressive but they didn't think he would, he might just get a bit excited.

"Who's this?" Demi cooed to the dog as Joe showed her to Woody. Kaia was kicking her legs gently her arms moving too. Woody was just staring at her.

"Good boy." Joe praised, doing nothing but watch her was better than getting over excited. They both laughed when Kaia sneezed making Woody jump climbing off the couch.

"It was only a sneeze!" Demi exclaimed as she was dragged out the room. Joe laughed again shaking his head leaning down kissing Kaia's head.

"Bless you." He spoke as he held her correctly in his arms again kissing her nose gently. Kaia remained awake staring up at Joe, she seemed to be better used to Joe and Demi a little more knowing they are the ones who were feeding and caring for her.

"I'm going to take him for a walk now, I won't be too long. Kaia had a diaper change before she came down so she should be fine for a couple of hours." Joe nodded his head.

"We'll be fine won't we Kaia." Joe cooed Demi smiling leaning down kissing his lips then Kaia's cheek before she led Woody outside for his walk.