Twenty Six

Josh sat down next to Joe having Kevin on his side Nick sitting next to Joe, Frankie was with friends for the weekend but they all still thought it was nice to spend a brotherly afternoon together. They knew Frankie would be here if he hadn't already had plans. Joe was happy to see Kevin who he hadn't seen in a while with him being at college.

"How is school going?" Kevin inquired.

"Joe's a smart ass as normal but my teachers are confident I'll graduate." Josh stated feeling his older brother pat him on the back.

"Thought about what you want to do at college Joe?" Kevin questioned Joe this time.

"Nick came up with an accountant, I do like maths." Joe answered.

"Don't accountants work in a bank though? Would you really want to work in a band knowing what happened?" Joe shrugged his shoulders.

"My friend's parents have their own private one, you could be one of those." Nick stated Joe cracking a small smile nodding his head.

"I'll see but accountant does sound fun, I love maths." Joe admitted.

"That's because you're not normal," Josh begun. "Ouch!" he screamed when Joe slapped him the two of them laughing. Joe was wondering what Demi was doing at the moment, she wouldn't tell him why she was busy today, she couldn't lie to him too much. He just wished he knew what was going on, he wasn't fond on surprises. The game started the brothers staying quiet to watch it but would cheer along when their team scored and discussed what a good shot it was. It was about half way through the second half when Joe felt a phone buzz in his bag. He grabbed it from the handlebars opening it up checking his phone seeing he had no messages so he grabbed Josh's phone pressing the button to light the screen up. He saw it was a text from Demi.

"Josh why is Demi texting you?" Joe instantly saw his brother become nervous.

"No reason," He grabbed his phone sighing. "Joe wait!" He shouted over the noise as he watched Joe remove himself from the game and the presence of his brothers.

Josh soon caught up with Joe seeing he was in the parking lot near the car where he would have to wait until Kevin could drive them home after the game.

"Joe nothing is going on I promise." Josh stated as he stood in front of his brother, he didn't like to look down at his brother though so got down on his knees on the gravel.

"Then why is my girlfriend texting you and not me?" Joe questioned looking towards the ground. "I know she didn't like the chair, of course she went for the twin which could walk."

"Joe Demi doesn't care that you're in a wheelchair, she likes you for your personality as well as your looks. You should be able to trust her that she wouldn't cheat on you especially with your twin brother. There is something we have planned and she was just texting to tell me how things were going. That's all I promise." Josh explained.

"Why won't anyone tell me what's going on!" Joe stressed.

"Because it's a surprise, I would love to tell you it but you'll understand when the time comes why I didn't. Are you coming back into the game or wait here until it's over?" Joe sighed shrugging his shoulders gently.

"I-I don't like the noise." He confessed.

"Then maybe it's best you stay out here," Josh encouraged. "I'll stay with you if you want?" Joe shook his head gently.

"It's okay, I think I'll go see mom, the hospital isn't far from here," He mumbled. "I'll see you at home." Josh watched as Joe wheeled himself away from him, he thought about following him but he knew his brother would be fine alone, he shouldn't have to have people following him all the time to make sure he was okay. He was becoming an adult.