Forty Seven

"Come on Joe we have to go pick Beth and Jesse up!" Demi shouted as she rushed around entering the living room seeing that Joe was the one who was ready she was the one that wasn't. "Oh." Joe laughed at her slightly as she grabbed the handle bars to his chair pushing him out the house locking the door behind them.

"We'll be there in plenty of time," Joe assured her as she led them both to the car Denise had given them when he moved out and Demi would need it more then she would. "You get yourself in, I'll get myself in." Demi leaned down pecking his lips gently before making her way to the driver's seat. Joe pushed himself into the car setting the brakes on his chair securing himself with the straps before Demi pulled away.

"We're meeting the adoption lady afterwards to sign some papers." Demi told Joe who was at the other end of the car or more like minivan.

"And this is the twenty week scan?" Demi nodded her head.

"We can find out the gender too." Demi revealed a small grin on her face.

"I'm guessing you want to then?" Joe questioned.

"Why don't you?" She inquired Joe shaking his head gently.

"I'm up for knowing." He answered Demi laughing slightly. She knew Joe was impatient, he wouldn't be able to wait until he or she was born. Demi pulled up outside Bethany's house where they were both already waiting. They climbed in strapping themselves in as they greeted the couple who would be raising their son or daughter.

When they got to the maternity part of the hospital Bethany checked herself in before they all sat down, it was an exciting time for them all. Bethany and Jesse were getting used to the idea of handing their baby away for another people to raise their baby, they knew they were too young to concentrate on school and college as well as raising their baby, the best option was what they were doing. They didn't want to be teenage parents.

"How has everything been?" Carol, the doctor inquired.

"I've been experiencing morning sickness for a couple of days but it's not too bad." Bethany explained as Jesse helped her up onto the bed. Carol was aware of their situation and that Joe and Demi would be the ones to take home the baby at the end.

"It will pass, if it gets worse then make sure to come in. We can prescribe some tablets," She begun. "Now shall we have a look at baby?" They all nodded Carol doing everything she needed to get the baby up on the screen. Bethany had started showing recently but they were told she wouldn't start getting very big until after twenty weeks.

"He or she is bigger." Bethany stated trying not to get emotional as she saw her baby, she knew she would get attached but she was sure she'd be able to give her son or daughter away knowing what great parents Joe and Demi were going to be. Joe and Demi were staring at the screen, it was the first scan they had been to ever and it was overwhelming for them after waiting so long.

"At this point it's all about growing, your baby has all of his or her's limbs, they just need to get bigger and develop inside a little more." She explained.

"Is the baby healthy."

"Yes, a good size for the time and he or she will only get bigger until they are ready to say hello to you all," She begun. "Do you want to know the gender?" Jesse and Bethany turned to Joe and Demi who nodded their heads.

"Yes we do."Demi answered.

"Congratulations, you have a little girl." She revealed making them all smile as they shared hugs. Joe and Demi couldn't believe how much they love this little girl already. They had waited so long for her arrival.