"I'll be waiting for you at your hotel." He stroked his thumb across my cheek. "I love you; be safe."

"I love you too and of course. It's Brooklyn ain't it?" A easy laugh escaped and I winked playfully before settling down on the cab seat. Taylor shut the door and stepped back, shoving his hands into his jean pockets. I then told the driver the address and looked back over my shoulder at Taylor. Flashing him a small grin, I was off.

As we cruised across the famous Brooklyn Bridge, I took my gaze out the window. I could see the white clouds beginning to turn gray, roaming closer and closer towards the blazing sun. In a matter of minutes, the yellow sunlight was over taken by dark devious clouds. I wondered if it would rain later.. The humidity during the summer; especially late summer, was incredibly bad. But even with the rain, it would still be warm and uncomfortable.

Ten minutes later, I was standing alone and in front of the apartment. It took me a little bit to climb up the few flights of stairs, but I ended up right at door 355. I took a small breath in and knocked firmly on the old rickety door.

It opened just seconds later, "Claire?"

"Hey Rachel.." I smiled shyly.

"Hey you! What brings you all the way over here?" Her wide smile was comforting, just like I remembered. And as her tan arms pulled me into a sisterly hug, rocking slightly back and forth, I really did think that Rachel was like the older, wiser sister I never had.

"I just need.. some advice." I made a face as we released.

Rachel had welcomed me in right away, having us sit down on her couch to talk. I said hello to her two roommates once we'd passed the bedrooms. They beamed wide smiles in return, which made me feel good.

"Wow. Has it been a year already?" She exclaimed with eyebrows raised.

"Your telling me." I laughed. "I guess I didn't realize that time can fly so quickly." She nodded in response, brushing her hands through her short fiery red hair. "And I also didn't expect to be getting married after only being together for a year, you know?"

"Claire, you know how excited we all are for you - how excited I am for you, but just listen to your heart; what are you feeling." Her expression was calm.

"I was thinking that we could maybe plan the date a couple years from now.. Just to get some priorities straight first. I mean, this tour with Selena Gomez and The Scene is going to be done by mid October and I'm just baffled that the years almost up." My knees pulled up onto the little couch as I continued to speak my mind.

"Well I know you'll go far in this industry, I've seen it early in you. Its just the fact of how you want the rest of your life to go.. Not like you could control it; which would be absolutely amazing! But you know what I mean right?" She grinned.

"Yeah.." The corners of my mouth pulled up into a slight smile. Rachel was definitely the person to talk to if you were thinking about dance as your career. That's what I was basically doing. I also spoke to her about going to college maybe this winter or the early spring next year.

Some questions were answered, though some were unknown. The ones where I would have to find myself. I left their small apartment feeling better about myself as a person. I felt better about where Taylor and I were heading. Our pathway was being built each day we were together and I didn't need to see the future to know that we'd be friends for a long time. Even if we moved apart, our friendship would stay as one.

After giving Rachel a much appreciated hug, I told her that I'd happily see her on Broadway someday. In which, she blushed by the comment.

Back in Manhattan, I stopped by Barnes N Noble's to find a suiting card for this special occasion. I couldn't escape without a couple pictures with some fans that were among the aisles of books. Some dedicated ones who knew that it was our big day wished Taylor and I a long happy relationship. The comments made my heart swell; the butterflies now anxious to see him again.