"You know what sounds even better?" He smiled at me, resting his forehead against mine.

"What?" I asked him.

"Wife," He murmured before kissing me again.

*

Dear Damon and Stefan,

I hope you have been receiving my postcards, here's another one! We're in Venice now (as you can see from the front of the postcard), and it is beautiful! You definitely need to visit one day. Maybe with your girly-friends, speaking of has Elena made her decision yet? The good brother or the bad? I'm only joking, you're both bad.

I haven't heard from you in weeks now, I hope everything is okay. I have some amazing news to tell you when we come back.
Love you lots,
Becs

I sighed and pushed the postcard out of the way before pulling out a piece of paper.

Dear Niklaus,
Elijah and I have been travelling around Europe since we left Mystic Falls. He took me to London first because I had never been, it's dirtier than I thought it was going to be... But I did enjoy seeing the famous landmarks, like Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace - do you think one day we might compel ourselves to live there? It would be so very grand and magnificent. I tried to speak in an English accent but Elijah made me stop after five minutes because he said I was terrible. I thought I was pretty good, after all I have been living with your British accents for months now.

After that we went to France, Germany, Italy, Budapest and now we are in Venice. I have had such a wonderful time, and Elijah seems very happy also. I have some news concerning the two of us, but I would like to tell you face to face. We are planning on coming back soon (I have managed to get Elijah to agree after much convincing - or pestering as he would say), so I will reveal all when we get back.

Until then, I hope everything is well with you and your family.
All my love,
Becs

I folded up the letter and wrote Klaus's name and address on the front of the envelope. Leaving Elijah in bed I headed down to the reception in the hotel, to ask them to send my letters.

As I was walking back to the hotel room I felt someone behind me. I turned around but there was no one there. Frowning, I turned back around and carried on walking, but I felt the sensation again that someone was behind me. I spun around again, looking all around me for any sight of disturbance.

"Boo," A husky voice whispered in me ear, causing me to spin around and pin them against the wall, my hand at their throat.

"Elijah," I stepped back in shock, letting him go, "Don't sneak up on me like that."

"Just keeping you on your toes, love," He smirked, pulling me into a kiss. "You were gone when I woke up, I wondered where you went."

"I had to send a postcard," I shrugged, biting my lip as I realised Elijah was only in his underwear. "Maybe we should go back to the room before someone tries to steal my boyfriend."

"Don't you mean fiancée?" He smirked and pulled me closer.

I grinned, looking down at the beautiful ring in my finger, "I'm never going to get used to that."

"Well, you won't have to for long, soon you'll be my wife," Elijah grinned back as his lips met mine.

"I like that sound of that even more," I murmured against his lips. "Now we definitely need to go back to the room."

"Mhmm," Elijah picked me up in his arms and ran back to our hotel room. He placed me on the bed and crawled on top of me, gently trailing kisses up my body until he reached my lips.