FT : Natsu x Lucy (NaLu)

'Fire Opal'

"LUCY!" Natsu screams.
"Hurry up we're going to be late!"

"Give me a minute! Jeez" The blonde giggles as she runs down the stairs of their shared apartment.

"You know if you told me where we were going I could have gotten ready a lot quicker" She pouts pulling on a pair of comfy pink trainers.

"You look amazing as it" He smiles leaning down to peck her lips.
"And it's a surprise"

"Your lucky I love you" Lucy grins standing up now ready to go.
She was dressed in demon shorts and a pink vest. Over her shoulders she wore Natsu's white shirt, the sleeves were rolled up and it was left unbuttoned. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun on the top of head. Right now Natsu couldn't take his eyes of her, when she dressed down like this he thought she was the most beautiful person in the world.

"I love you to Luce. Guess I always have" He chuckled as he pulled her flush against his chest.

Leaning down he placed his lips onto hers and kissed her sweetly.
Lucy melted into his arms and her hand trailed up to run through his ridiculously soft pink tufts.

When they broke apart, both were slightly flushed.

"Let's go! The Teams waiting" Natsu grinned before dragging Lucy off along with him.

She laughed as Natsu dragged her through the streets of Magnolia. They had been together for a few years now and Natsu's carefree nature still amazed Lucy. How could one person be as happy as he was all the time?
But then she remembered his smile and she couldn't help but smile back. And suddenly she would know, he's Natsu and he has that effect. He's the best part of her life. He made her happy. Care free happy.

"Hurry Luce. Gray will have eaten all the food" He called back.

"I can't run as fast as you, you know that" She smiled before squeaking.

Natsu had pulled her into his arms and was now carrying her down the street while he ran.
"Hold onto me" He whispered into her ear sending chills down her body.

Wrapping her arms around his neck she smiled at him. The feel of the wind wrapping around her sent a chill through he spine, but as she snuggled deeper into Natsu's chest that chill disappeared. She never felt cold when Natsu was around. And that wasn't just because he was a Fir Dragon Slayer. He warmed her very heart.

All too soon though Natsu stopped.
"We're here Luce" He spoke as he placed her down on the ground.

Looking around Lucy saw they weren't at the guild, no where close in fact. They were at the big tree by Natsu and Happy's old house. The tree where they shared their first kiss. Only this time hung from the trees were small paper hearts of all colours, and on the ground a red and white striped picnic blanket with a wicker basket resting upon the top. Set out were plates of Lucy's favourite snacks and treats. In posh champagne flutes sat Lucy's favourite fizzy juice (Natsu knew she didn't like the taste of champagne but loved to drink from the flutes).

"Oh Natsu....." She gasped a small tear forming in her eye.

"Happy Anniversary Luce" He smiled.
"Three years ago we had out first kiss in this very spot. I want to celebrate you being in my life that long"

She turned around and leapt into his arms. Wrapping her arms around his neck she cried into his shoulder.
"It's perfect Natsu! Your perfect! Thank you!"

"I love you"

"I love you to"

"Now let's eat. Or this will all go to waste" He smiled when she finally stopped crying.

"Yeah. I'm starving" She laughed.

For hours the two of them sat under the tree. They ate, chatted, kissed and just watched as the cloud raced by, watched as the stars filled up the Sky. They enjoyed every single moment they were sharing with each other. Lucy was certain that life couldn't get any better than this.
Laying in Natsu's arms, being spoilt with his romantic surprises, looking up at the stars. Her life was perfect.

But Natsu had other ideas.

"Lucy?"

She hummed a contented reply.

"Marry me?" He asked.

Lucy turned to see Natsu holding a black velvet box. He popped open the lid to reveal the most beautiful ring Lucy had ever seen.

It was a sliver banded ring, studded with diamonds and in the centre a large orange gem shaped in a heart

"It's a Fire Opal. The orange Gem. It symbolises magic, love, hope,.....happiness and truth" Natsu recited.
"I chose it because I you've brought all those things into my life Lucy. You've brought a special kind of magic I never knew existed, like the magic when you smile. When you laugh, when you kiss me, tell me you love me. That's magic to me Luce. That and you give me more happiness then anything and I can only hope you'll say yes so I can spend the rest of my life with you"

Lucy couldn't say anything. Her throats had closed up as she choked back tears. She was wrong her life could get more perfect.
She nodded. Nodded her head with such force her neck could snap.
"Yes!" She cried.

"Oh Natsu yes of course. I love you so much" She smiled as Natsu slipped the smooth ring onto her finger. He then placed his lips on her hand over the ring.

"The fire opal will increase your personal power and will protect you from harm and danger. Just like I promise to do for the rest of my life, I love you Lucy and I'd do anything for you" He told her.

"I love it Natsu. It reminds me of your flames, flames that light up any darkness. Just like you light up my heart. I love you Natsu. So so much" She told him.

They both smiled at each other before their lips connected in a soft passionate embrace.

For Lucy, the stars that night shinned brighter than ever before. She couldn't wait to move onto the next chapter of her life, with her soon to be husband, Natsu.