FT: Natsu x Reader

'My One True Mate'

CAUTION: Lemon

"I'm going to make you regret that, ice boy" Natsu shouted at Gray before leaping over the table to punch him. Gray retaliated by swinging his fists and before long the two males were rolling around on the floor. A twisted pile of limbs, flames and ice.

No one in the guild even turned round to look at the wrestling duo. It was such a regular occurrence for the two of them to butt heads and fight, that now they just ignored it. Only Erza tried to stop them now and she was currently away on a mission with Lucy. Suddenly Gray sent Natsu flying. He smashed through the door and crashed out into the street.

Nastu sprang back up to his feet, ready to jump back in the fight. Only he didn't. Instead what he saw caused him to stop dead in his advance. Wrapped in a bundle of blankets, just outside Fairy Tails door was a girl. Natsu leapt over to the girl and scooped her up in his arms, just as Gray leapt out fists ready. He to stopped dead in his tracks and shouted for everyone to help.

"Is she alive?" Gray asked.

Natsu tilted his head closer to the girls chest, listening for any slight trace of a heartbeat. He found it. It was weak and faint but it was there.
"Barely. She needs help and now" Natsu stated running into the walls of the guild the unconscious girl in his

That was the day I arrived at Fairy Tail, almost two years ago now. I remember waking up in a small dark room surrounded by members of my new family, no memories of who I was or how I arrived here. I still don't have those memories but at least I know who I am.

Right now I was watching and laughing as Gray and Natsu were arguing, once again. I didn't mind because if it wasn't for them fighting, I may never have been rescued. I watched intently as the pink haired dragon slayer smirked at me before sending Gray flying across the room. If I'm being honest with myself, I had a soft side for him. He had been there by my side everyday while I adjusted to my new life, through every nightmare, every panic, he held my hand every time I got scared about anything. He would just have to smile at me and I felt my heart flutter and I knew everything would be okay.

I was currently braiding my long violet hair when Lucy walked over to me. She slumped down in her seat and sighed.
"What's up Luce?" I asked still twirling strands of my hair round my fingers.

"Natsu!" She sighed.
"Here let me do that for you. Braiding your hair always calms me down"

"What's wrong with Natsu?" I asked dropping my hands into my lap and allowing her to finish up the braid.

"Well, I heard from Levy that every year Natsu goes through this mating season thingy. That's that month we barley see him, as he's locked out the way. Anyway, He's supposed to choose a mate during this time, only problem is I don't think he'll choose me. He'll probably go for Lis instead. Your close to him, what do you think? Do I have a shot or am I just aiming way to high?" She asked

It's no secret that Lucy had a crush on Natsu. Practically the whole guild knew about it. At first she tried to hide it, but now she didn't even bother. It actually made my heart hurt when she asked me to help her and Natsu. I wanted more than ever to be the girl that Natsu would choose as a mate, but I knew he only ever see me as a friend. A little girl he would always need to protect, he would never treat me any different and I wouldn't want him to. I loved him to much for him not to be in my life.
"In all honesty Luce, I wouldn't know. I can always speak to him if you would like?" I asked.