OHSHC: Tamaki x Abi

The story behind this one is really close to me. It's something I personally have to deal with and I had to write about it. So please don't hate.

'A Kiss to Take Away Your Pain"

Caution: self harm referencing one shot

Abi's POV:
Being the new girl at any school is hard enough. But being a 'commoner' in a school of extremely rich kids, even harder. But if my cousin Haruhi can manage it I could too.

I remember my first day. She had already told me about her posing as a boy in the host club and about each member but nothing could have prepared me for what happened. I met them all and they were all amazing people that welcomed me in as part of the group immediately but when I shook Tamaki's hand, it was like electricity. I fell for him and I fell for him hard.

But that was a year ago now, and a lot had happened since then. My parents had spilt up making your only release from there fighting being at school. My Mum had got a new boyfriend. I had also become a fully fledged host now meaning I was required to attend the 'bonding' trips they went on, like the one I was currently on now.

All of the hosts were currently at Tamaki's. He was having a big summer barbecue. We were required to cook our own food as it was supposed to give the boys a chance to experience 'commoner' lifestyles. Haruhi just spouted something about rich kids, while I got cooking.

"You know you really shouldn't wear your sleeves right down while cooking. They'll get dirty" I heard Tamaki's voice say.

Jumping slightly from the sound of his voice I turned to face him. "I can handle a little dirt. But thanks Tamaki. Besides, I've got more to fear from the twins throwing water balloons and paint balls"

As to prove my point a paintball came flying straight at me. Exploding all over my back I got absolutely covered in paint. Then a water balloon came and landed straight onto my jeans and soaked me right through.

"Hikaru! Get back here now!" I screamed as the twin responsible for my current state ran off.

"Come with me. I'll get you some new clothes" Tamaki told me.

"Thanks Tamaki. I guess you were right. I did get dirty" I smiled tugging on my shirt sleeves.

He just laughed and lead me up into his room. He pulled out a new shirt and went off to find some new jeans I could wear. He came back a few minuets later and handed me a pair of jeans in my size. He informed me that his maid was my size so he asked her for a pair. He then left the room and I got changed.

Tamaki's POV:

Abi was currently changing in my room when I hear her cry out. Without thinking I opened the door and saw her standing there in just her underwear. Only thing was that wasn't what had caused me to stop dead in my tracks, it was the pink and red lines that covered her arms, stomach and thighs. I noticed that a few of them were bleeding. I raced over to her and picked her up. Carrying her into my bathroom I shut the door and placed her down on the bath edge. I then soaked out my flannel and began to carefully clean up the blood from her legs and arms. Neither one of us said anything. How could she do this to herself? I wondered.

I had finished cleaning her up and called a maid to bring me bandages and tape. Leaving Abi in my bathroom I went to my bedroom door and collected rolls of bandages I had requested. I then shut and locked my door without giving an explanation and went back to Abi. I found her crying into her hands. I raced over to her and pulled her in my arms. She then began mumbling something. "I'm so sorry Tamaki. You shouldn't have seen that. No one should have."

"Why Abi?" I asked her.

"I can't help it. It's my only release. My mother new boyfriend abuses me. I feel so completely numb on the inside Tamaki. I need to feel something. This..." She said standing up and gesturing all over her body. "...this is how I feel. I need to feel this pain to remind myself I'm still human. Because if not I couldn't carry on. I hear all of you every day complain about things that would be a luxury to me. It makes me wish for a better life. Then I realise I'll never have it so I punish myself for being a failure. It's how I survived all these years.....My battle scars."  She then broke down into tears again.

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. This poor girl had been suffering in silence for so long. All that time we were making fun of her for being common. All those times the twins would trying to make her wear short dresses and sleeveless outfits but she refused. She had his it from us so well. Everything made sense now.

"Abi. Listen to me" I said drying her tears "I am so sorry for everything you've been through. It wasn't fair to you, the stuff we put you through at school. And it certainly isn't fair what your step Father put you through. But you don't need to feel numb, you can feel other feelings and I promise from this second on I will protect you. I will no longer be your king but rather your night in shining armour. I will make the pain go away. I vow from this moment forth to keep you safe no matter what. I vow to prove to you that other emotions besides pain exist and you need to promise me to never another mark on your beautiful skin"

"Tamaki." She breathed. "How can you possibly say that? I'm not beautiful and I all I will do is drag you down. Your amazing and someone else deserves your kindness not me"

"No one is more deserving in my eyes. You say your not worth it and your not beautiful. Yet when I look at you I see a fallen angel. One that managed to work its way into my heart, now as my angel lays broken and defeated in front of me it is my duty to care for it and protect it until it is ready to fly back to where it came. It's the least I can do to show you how much I love you" I told her.

"You love me?" She asked.

"With every fibre in my being" I told her.

"I love you to Tamaki. So much. It's the thought of you that has stopped me from ever going to to far. And I love you for wanting to save me" She cried

"Shh my angel. Forgot the world and the pain that goes along with it an just indulge in a moment of pure serenity with me" I tell her leaning down to kiss her. Just before our lips touch I whisper one last phrase to her "A kiss for my angel, to heal her of her pain"

Our lips made contact and the world stopped. Nothing mattered to me anymore. It was in these moments that my love for her became eternal. I meant what I said I would look after her, I would protect her and be there to remind her every day that life is worth living, that she doesn't have to feel nothing. I started to fulfil my promise to her that very night, spending hours bandaging and kissing everyone single scar on her body.