Part Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I grinned and kissed him. He moved the box from in between us and pulled me closer.

After Elijah left, I spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready for the ball. I had to make a good impression, I was about to formally meet the rest of Elijah's family. Not to mention meeting his mother for the first time. I had been staring at my reflection for twenty minutes when Damon walked in wearing a smart suit.

He whistled as he walked over to me, "Someone's definitely pulling tonight."

"Shut up Damon," I laughed, rolling my eyes at him. "Looks like someone else might be as well."

"No, Elena's not coming," He said before he had thought about it.

I looked at him with raised eyebrows, "I never mentioned Elena."

He coughed and looked away awkwardly, "Yes well, we better get going, don't want to keep your new family waiting. Come on."

I laughed as I followed him out, loving the way he squirmed. Stefan was already waiting by the car and he too looked very smart in his suit. "Stefan," I nodded at him in greeting.

"Becs," He replied before climbing into the car. I just wish he would turn his humanity back on, I much preferred him with some depth and not just this bad boy persona.

When we arrived at the Mikaelson's house it was already full of people. I walked in and was immediately greeted by Kol, "I don't think we've had the pleasure to formally meet, I'm Kol Mikaelson," He said with a charming smile as he took my hand and kissed it, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Becs Salvatore," I smiled back at him, "I've heard a lot about you."

"Oh really? All good I presume?" Kol placed his hand gently on the bottom of my back, steering me towards the drinks.

"You're the brother who labels himself as the 'good-looking' member of the family," I smirked, loving the feel of power I had over him and he didn't even know it. He knew nothing of me, and clearly nothing of my relationship with Elijah - otherwise he would not have been flirting with me this badly.

"Well, you said it," He smirked back at me.

I shrugged as he handed me a drink, "I think I'd have to disagree with that statement though."

Kol faltered in his confident act, "Oh really? Who would you say is the most good-looking Mikaelson then?"

"My boyfriend," I smirked even wider as his face fell.

"Your... Your boyfriend?" Kol stammered.

"Brother," Elijah smiled at me, coming up behind Kol and making his way to my side. "I don't think I've had the pleasure to introduce you to my girlfriend."

"Your... Your girlfriend?" He stammered again, looking between the two of us. I bit my lip to keep from laughing as he said, "I'm just going to..."

Elijah and I started laughing as we watched him walk away. "That was cruel," Elijah chuckled.

"He shouldn't have been shamelessly flirting with me then," I laughed.

"You look beautiful tonight," Elijah smiled at me, once we had calmed down.

"Thank you. You don't scrub up so bad yourself," I grinned at him and straightened his bow tie. He leant down and kissed me softly.

"I have to go and give a speech," He sighed, pulling away from me.

"A speech?" I laughed.

"Yes, my mother insists," Elijah rolled his eyes at me before we walked over to the stairs. When we reached the bottom of the stairs Elijah kissed my cheek before we separated ways. He headed up the stairs to meet his family halfway, and I headed over to Stefan and Damon.