Late Nights In Charm City

Start from the beginning

I laughed, my head shaking, "Sel? Hear from the slow pokes down the hall?" I asked while I bent over to slip on my black booty heels.

"Nah, not yet.. They must be doing their nails and hair all purdy." Her smile beamed jokingly. "By the way, I've been meaning to tell you that I adore those jeans."

"Same here." Gia added. She was another dancer who was partnered with Jacks friend. "Along with those hot shoes." Gia giggled out, her blonde curls bounced off her shoulder.

"Ahh thanks," I grinned, placing my hands on my hips. "Just for the fun of it, I'm going to go check on the ladies real quick..."

"You go do that." Andie finally looked over at me. I rolled my eyes at her and turned round, heading for the door. "Be back in a minute." My voice raised once the heavy door shut behind me.

I strolled down to number 1535, knocking firmly on the wooden door. There was some bangs, low tones and a click of the TV being turned off. I sat back in surprising comfort of my leather boots, awaiting for a familiar face.

"Hey, we were just coming to get you.." Right on cue.

I just stared seriously at him for a minute.

"What." Jack stared back, confused.

"Right.." I let a smile slip. "Meet us downstairs whenever you guys get done"

Greg Garman, the bands amazing drummer, actually had a GPS and we ended up finding this steak restaurant just ten miles from our place. And for the first time in four months, Selena's bubble wasn't invaded by over bearing paparazzi while we walked into the large eatery. It was pretty... nice. I'm sure she thought so too! Well it was eleven in the late night, but when do the paparazzi ever sleep?

Pretty much through our fun filled event, I excused myself from the table and mazed through the corners and booths and tables, finally finding the ladies room. Obviously it would be at the back of the entire place.

I just went to wash my hands real fast, then we would be heading back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

As I was slipping my ring back onto my wedding finger, a slightly curvy girl was beside me beginning to wash her own hands. Our eyes met and I smiled. Though hers seemed to widen faintly, but then decreased right away.

I turned back to the mirror, unaware of what was to come.

"Not to pry or anything, but are you immune to peer pressure?" Did she just question me?

I just stared. "Excuse me?" I guess you could say I was startled.

"I mean, you're marrying Taylor Lautner right? Though you've already moved in with him. Did you think that you had to do that?" She brushed her brown curls off her shoulder once her hands were dry. So casual. Like she knew me.

Duh.

"Um," I swallowed, my eyes flickering around.

"Oh my gosh, am I making you nervous?" She backed away from me.

I didn't answer.

"I'm so sorry. I do come on quite strong sometimes, but it's who I am. I speak my opinion and Taylor Lautner is-"

"What's your name?" I was slowly growing to like her independence. Especially to speak up and actually talk to Taylor Lautner's fiance. I didn't really want to think of myself as a celebrity. Cause I'm not one. And since I had cut her off right when she was about to talk about Taylor, she must have been maybe just a small fan.

"Jozelyn," Her hand extended out. "Actually, you can call me Jozy. With a z.." I laughed softly at her little remark.

She smiled when I shook her hand lightly.

"First of all, I just want to complement on how gorgeous your hair is. I have curly hair myself but I hardly wear it down curly.." I grinned, my fingers playing with my ring. "Way too out of control."

Jozy laughed, "Awww, thank you. Yeah, it can be a pain in the ass but I've dealt with it my whole life."

We continued talking, more about normal stuff. She went to college here in ole' Charm City, been living here for mostly her whole life; knowing the city like it would be her backyard. That gave me an idea. I asked her if she wasn't busy tomorrow after classes, if she'd like to give some of us a tour of the awesome sights. It was funny when her cheeks went red. Probably at how crazy this was. I would definitely be the same. Though she agreed happily on it and we exchanged numbers, having me notice that I'd been in the bathroom for almost fifteen minutes. I quickly said my goodbyes and practically jogged in my heels back to the table full of waiting friends.

I explained what happened to Andie and Selena, and they both said that they wanted to definitely come with Jozy and I. Jack, I'm sure would want to as well.

When we were heading out of the closing restaurant, as it being twelve thirty, I looked over my shoulder at Jack planning to tell him right this minute about tomorrow-- or later today I guess.

My eyes glazed over his big shoulder, catching Jozy walking out the other door amongst her friends. I smiled and waved at her. Jack looked at me like who the hell are you waving at? She looked towards me and gave me a small wave before slipping out the metal door.

"Did you have too much to drink Claire?" Jack pushed on my shoulders gently so that I would continue my way outside.

"I had a pepsi.." What the heck? I was sure that I wouldn't get high off of sugar from just that. Addie would, yes. Very much so. I smirked at him, my eyebrow randomly raised as I stumbled backwards. We were going to be the last ones on the bus now.. Awkward..

"Well then who were you waving at? The jellyfish from Avatar?" Now he was being a jerk. Even if he was smiling.

"Whatever man." I turned away from his form and stomped up to the large vehicle. "I was going to tell you something too..." I then taunted.

"Well what was that then.." His hand caught mine, pulling me around to face him. I heard a faint 'Oh shit.' come from inside the bus. Letting me know that we were being watched.. Over protective girlfriends. Gotta love them right?

I tugged my arm back, explaining my meeting with a nice local.

"So this... Jozy? Right. Is going to give us a tour tomorrow?" He looked unsure.

"Yes douche! Geez, anything wrong with that?"

"Naw Claire, but I'm just saying.. she may look sweet and friendly on the outside, but really she'll turn on you and become stalker material. I mean, seriously? She knew about you moving in with Taylor! Creepy." He pretended to shudder.

I slapped his shoulder, making him laugh at his mock act. "Come on now, Jack. There's this thing called the Internet.. Yeah? And people post stuff on the, what was it, oh right the Internet." I spoke to him like he was five. It was fun. Lightened my mood a bit. "And plus, I could've been the same with Taylor when we first met! But he trusted me, Jack. Look where I am now."

"Okay, okay. I'm just looking out for you, that's all. No need to go all yellin' in my face."

"Well I wasn't." I smiled faintly, the dim streetlamp catching the slightest angle, making a small glow appear in his green eyes. Even though it was practically one in the morning. My body and mind were slowly molding together in over exhaustion. I felt like falling over.

"Claire? You alright? You don't look so hot." Jack took my shoulders. That held me up. My lids were half open now.

"C'mon, you need to sleep." He grunted, hoisting me up into his arms and stepped up inside the quiet bus. My head rested heavily on his shoulder all the way back to the hotel.

Jack was like my other Taylor I guess. In a way...

No, I seriously take that back.

I guess I'm just saying that he's the brother I never had, over protective but still easy going. Apologies to my own three lovely flesh and blood bro's. I love you very much, hehe.

He'd always take care of me when Taylor wasn't around. He was my Jacob. My friend.