26

GOAL:

30 VOTES

12 COMMENTS

The ambulance had left and checked us all out and we were all fine, so was everyone else involved in the accident. I hadn't really been paying attention to any of the other people in the accident other than my car, mostly because I was terrified I would see someone looking at me like I was a stupid teenage girl.

"Have any of you been drinking?" The officer asked as he questioned everyone that was in my vehicle. I knew the moment was coming where I would be handcuffed and put in the back of his car, but somewhere deep inside me I hoped that it wouldn't, that I would get out of this damage free.

Then I looked at the other two vehicles. I needed to be put away. I could have killed someone. I could have killed everyone with me too. Tears sprung in my eyes and I looked over at my brother.

"Yes officer, we've all been drinking," Harry spoke for us.

"All three of you have been drinking, is this correct?" The officer looked over at me and King.

I nodded my head and Kingston replied his truth.

"And who was driving?"

My throat clenched tight and I reached to hold my brother's hand. He squeezed my hand in his as I tried to build up my courage.

Deep breath.

"Do I need to ask again?" the officer put his hands on his belt.

"I was, Officer," Harry spoke on my right. My head spun to look at him and I was too shocked to speak up and correct him.

The rest of the time I sat on the side of the road, I couldn't even wrap my mind around what happened and what Harry did for me. They eventually put Harry in the back of one of the cop cars and drove off. King and I were escorted in a separate vehicle and we called Mom to tell her what trouble we had gotten into. She wasn't happy, actually this type of anger she was showcasing was worse than when I let Sebastian go to jail.

"What the fucking hell is wrong with you two?!" Mom yelled at us in the lobby of the jail house.

I immediately started crying the moment I saw her walk in with her blue and white cloud print pjs on. I looked at Kingston and he explained everything to her. However, he skipped the part where I was driving. When we weren't in listening distance of officials I would tell her the truth, but I couldn't get myself to do it in their presence.

We spent hours until the next morning trying to get Harry released when some blonde came walking in with a cute pink knit sweater, a pair of fitted dress pants, and a Louis Vuitton bag on her shoulder. My eye caught her vibrance instantly. She held that all-American stature, as if she was better than everyone else here. Her blonde hair was curled to perfection to just past her shoulder blades on her back and her eyes were a dashing blue hue, like the color of the deep ocean in a storm, dark but mixed with lighter blues. She held the same type of beauty and grace as Natalie. They both radiated class and elegance.

"I have money to bail out Harry Styles," she spoke so sweetly I had to hear the guard say his name again to make me stand up.

"Harry Styles?"

"Excuse me, who are you?" I spoke up as she handed the man behind the window a stack of cash.

"Sarah," she looked at me just as I was looking at her, confused. "And you?"

"Karlie," I swallowed and saw the same expression still on her face. "This is my brother Kingston. He and Harry are in the same fraternity. Harry came here to hang out with King."