BONUS CHAPTER

_____Adannaya

"Are you going to dance for mommy Munchkin?" Lady stood in front of me with raised eyebrows. I mimicked her face. "I'm waiting big head." She sighed and took a few steps back.

"Daddy turn on the music please." Angelo turned to his left and turned on the music. August Alsina blared through the speakers.

Me and Angelo watched Lady's every move. They were sharp and powerful. As the speed picked up in the song so did Lady. Her body moved in sync with the bass. Then she stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I asked concerned.

"That's all I know for now." She shrugged her shoulders. She grabbed her curls and pushed them off her shoulders.

"That was good Princess." Angelo praised her. "Its going to be fantastic when it's complete." He sat back on the couch.

I shook my head. "I'm going to try something new. If it turns out good I'll show you guys." She stated before running off to her room.

"How are you doing babe?" Angelo questioned. "And how is little man doing?" He placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed in a circular motion.

"I'm doing good and so is he. He's fat as hell and has my back feeling like ugh." I groaned.

"I'm excited for him. Hopefully he looks like me more instead of you." He joked. I pulled back my hand and smacked him in his arm.

"You know I'm sexy, so stop hating." I flicked my growing hair off my shoulders.

"You sure are sexy." He scooted closer to me. He licked his lower lip while staring at mine.

"If you're going to kiss me just do it already." I crossed my arms. He stopped staring at my lips and looked in my eyes. He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not now asshole." He stood up from the couch.

"Whatever Punk!" I stuck my tongue out at him. He copied my face and disappeared to the back.
I sat there in silence thinking. I began smiling at myself. Old thoughts ran through my head. Melanin was on my mind. I miss her sassy attitude and smart remarks. I miss how she used to push me to hurry up. I wasn't the same after she passed.

I was violent as hell. I was mad over the whole situation and sad at the same time. But my anger took over. The house was a constant wreck and unsafe for Lady. Not because of my violent acts, but because of the glass every where. I was always destroying little things. Holes were all through the walls of the apartment. It just didn't feel like home.

The days where sadness over came me were the worse. I would ride over to Melanie's place. And I would just stay there for hours. Just sitting there cursing myself for getting Melanie into my shit. Then some days I would sit in her closet.

I know it sounds weird, but her scent calm my nerves. Her aroma covered he whole bedroom. And if the scent started to die I cried my eyes out. It was like losing her all over again.

When the landlord realized that nobody was staying there he put the apartment up again. I gathered all her belongings and kept them. Going through her stuff I found her perfumes and old pictures.

That was the first time I had smiled in months. But that still didn't please me. When anger struck I broke things and when sadness struck I sprayed her perfume.

Not only was I broken Lady was too. My four year old was torn and confused. She cried her eyes out on nights that I was angry. Lady knew that Melanie wasn't coming back. But she continued to ask where she was, or when she was coming back. Lady healed quicker than me.

She would constantly come into my room and lay with me. I felt like pure shit. There I was dying of sadness and my baby was witnessing it.

Valentino would still come and visit me on occasionally. Angelo was over regularly. He checked on me. Then he realized I wasn't healing. He moved in days later. I had set rules for him to follow.

1. Keep your distance
2. Leave me be
3. Ignore my rampages
4. Do not touch the stuff beside my bed.

He ignored all the rules except the last one. Maybe that's what I needed. Maybe I needed to have some sense smacked into me. My mother would call me sometimes too. She doesn't really know exactly know what happened. But she knows I was hurting.

She ended up moving back to Nigeria. Leaving me alone and lost. But I was fine with that. It didn't phase me any. Things got better over time. My violent rages stopped. I still cried but they were silent. Then they suddenly dried up.

A month later Angelo decided that I needed a new start. After I graduated college and got my degree I moved. I left all my horrible memories in Rhode Island. And some friends included, but they're grown and have bigger plans.

Currently we've been in New York for the past two years. My fashion career took off, Lady found her a new interest besides ducks. And I'm expecting a boy by Angelo. We haven't decided on a name just yet. All I know is that his middle name WILL be Rogers or Roger. I haven't really decided.

"Mommy! A chọrọ m enyemaka. (I need help.)" Lady yelled from her room. I think I forgot to mention one thing. We were looking for a slight change in our reality. So I started teaching Lady the language I spoke in Nigeria. She caught on really fast.

Sometimes she yells out random things in Igbo. And it's pretty fluent. I gripped the sides of the couch and pushed off. I stood to my feet and walked to Lady.

"What big head?"

"Can you help me cut out these cars?" She handed me a stack of paper cars and scissors.

"Why are you cutting these out?" I looked through the stack.

"I want to tape them on brother's wall in his room." She concentrated on one of them she was working on. I smiled.

"Babe someone's at the door waiting for you." Angelo leaned against the door frame. I admired his frame. His hair was slightly ruffled and his shirt showed part of his tattooed chest. His eyes beamed into mine and he licked his lips.

I didn't say anything. I stood back up and walked past him with my eyes glued. "You're not cute." I whispered.

"Says the one who was staring." He grabbed my butt as I walked out the room. I turned around.

"That's how I ended up pregnant. Messing with your ass." I stated.

"You know it baby." He leaned down and kissed me. I bit my lip and turned to open the door.

I opened the door. I was shocked. My palms started sweating. And my heart raced. I swear if Angelo wasn't rubbing my back I would've passed out. "Hello Akilah." He winked at me. My knees went weak and I lost it.

_________

Just when you think its over its really not. Keep that in mind ;)

PrincessBug