Chapter 23

_unedited
_____Adannaya

"What the hell was so important?" I strutted out the bar. Melanie was leaned up against my car looking at her phone. She looked up when she heard my footsteps come closer. "What did you want?"

"Calm down I'm going to tell you attitude." She huffed and scrolled through her phone. I waited. "Here listen to this voicemail that was left on my phone." She handed me the phone.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"I don't really know. The number is on there, and it wasn't private. We can call it later on tonight." She suggested. She bit on her nails and waited for me to listen to the voicemail. I pressed play on the phone and waited for them to speak. I waited watching Melanie who was smiling. I shook my head at her.

Mommy, mommy, its me. What you doing. I miss you. I can't wait till you come back from your vacation. When you come back can you bring me some ice cream? Well daddy says your doing something so I'ma hang up. Love you mommy!

I listens to Lady's voice through the phone. Tears formed in my eyes and a smile on my face. "Oh my gosh Melanie when did you get this?" I questioned. I smiled from ear to ear.

"When I walked out I was trying to go to a quiet place to answer. But I didn't make it in time so they left this. I called you as soon as I finished listening to it." She explained. She crossed one leg over the other.

"This is crazy! W-why would, why would, what the hell!" I tripped over my words. For one I couldn't fine the words to say. Melanie laughed at me. I looked up.

"I think someone is pretty excited."

______

8:10am

My alarm clock sounded throughout my room. I groaned rolling over and unplugging it. I feel like I haven't been to class in forever. So currently I'm not in the mood to go, but I have to. I slid off the bed and made my way into the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet, spoon, and a skillet. I walked over to the fridge and got out the eggs, bacon, and butter.

I began to crack the egg into the small bowl then my phone rang. I answered it and put it on speaker. "Hey Babe what's up?" I questioned. I crack another egg into the bowl, added some seasoning, and whisked it together.

"Nothing just getting ready for work." Vladimir spoke through the phone. I heard shuffling in the background. Then something dropped.

"Damn what are you breaking over there?" I laughed opening the bacon.

"Everything." He laughed. "Have you talked to that jackass" He mentioned Valentino. I sighed.

"No I haven't Vladimir." I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. I dropped four pieces of bacon in to the skillet follow by my eggs in another skillet.

"I won't be able to go with you Wednesday. My team is going out of town." My phone beeped another call was coming in from Melanie.

"Hey, um Melanie's calling so I'm going to get off of here." I flipped my bacon and stirred my eggs.

"Alright talk to you later Babe."

"Talk to you later." I clicked over to the other line. "What Stacks?" I questioned. I took my food out of the skillet and placed them in plates. I patted the grease off the bacon and placed it beside the eggs.

"I have such good news." Melanie stated. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"I spotted Valentino in the store yesterday." She had excitement in her voice. For what reason she would be excited I don't know. But it's Melanie we're talking about she gets excited about every thing. I took a bit of my food.

"OK so what's your point." I said sarcastically.

"Cancel all of your plans for today. Because we're going to go get Lady!" She practically yelled. I bit my tongue. I didn't expect that to happen.

"Your bullshiting! Are you fucking serious?!"

Melanie laughed on the other side of the line. "I'm not bullshiting Adannaya." I could hear her smiling through the phone. I jumped around the kitchen almost tripping over the chair. I laughed.

"What time are we leaving?" I smiled biting on my nail.

"He said around 10."

"That gives me an hour to get ready. I have to get off of here." I started throwing my dishes in the sink. Well except the one I'm eating on.

"Adannaya-" I cut her off.

"Good bye Melanie." I hung up. I swallowed down the rest of my food and ran in the back. I started ripping clothes out of my closet.

I don't think I can explain how happy I am right now. My mind keeps going blank and I cant function. I pulled out a pair of jeans and a sweater. I grabbed some under clothing and hopped in the shower. After ten minutes of doing my business I stepped out. I checked the time on my phone, 9:30.

I ran my fingers through my now curly hair, detangling it. I plugged my blow dryer up and began to dry my hair. I stared at the peach colored sweater and blue jeans on my bed. After ten minutes of drying my hair, it was completely dry. I shook my hair loosen the curls. MyI phone buzzed on my dresser.

New Message: Valentino

I'm on my way swirl. :)

I shook my head and began to slip on my clothes smiling. I ran my fingers through my curly hair one last time. I picked my house keys up off the coffee table and took a deep breath.

Well here goes nothing. Please let this go well.
______

Sorry it's a boring chapter.

Princessbug