Chapter 18

Unedited please excuse the mistakes

____Anonymous

The little girl sat on the beige carpet with her legs crossed. Eyes wondering around the room staring at the pink and white walls. Stuffed ducks stacked on the shelves above the twin sized bed. She rotated her body facing the pile of stuffed animals on the floor. She stood on her two feet and walked towards the other side of the room. She stopped at the pile and picked up the newest duck to the pile.

"Mine?" Her soft voice called out pulling the duck my way. I pushed off the door frame and walked towards the little girl. She stood in her duck pajamas looking up at me. I stooped down to her level.

"Yes Princess its yours." I flashed a smile.

"All mine?" She pulled the duck towards her chest. I let out a small laugh.

"Its all yours Princess." A smile formed across her face. She ran back over to the pile of stuffed animals and began to search through them. I sat in the corner watching the little girl play with the set of toys. She suddenly stopped playing and wobbled my way. She stood in front of me and spoke.

"Mommy?" She spoke lightly.

"Mommy isn't here right now. She'll be back she went away for a while." I pulled her towards me and sat her on my lap. "But don't worry we'll have lots of fun until Mommy gets back. Okay?" She was silent for a minute. Her green eyes stared into my hazel ones and then nodded.

"I hungry." She smiled and grabbed my cheeks pushing them together. I lifted her off my lap and stood up.

"What would you like Princess." I questioned. She held one hand on her hip and the other one across her mouth. I laughed at her move.

"Ham samich!" She shouted out. "And blue ice cream." She smiled with her hands behind her back.

"Ham sandwich and blue ice cream coming up." I turned to walk downstairs into the kitchen. She chanted the word sandwich the whole way to the kitchen. "What else would you like on your sandwich?" I watched her climb onto the chair to the island counter. She sat on her knees.

"Mommy puts pickle on my samich."

"So pickle, ham, and cheese?" I questioned.

"Yea!" She climbed off the chair and ran around the counters. "Can I help?" Her eyes looked up at me. They were filled with so much joy reminding me of the old days. After making the sandwiches we sat on the floor watching Shrek. She took a sip of her juice then sat it down beside her. "What's your name?"

"Well I have several names Princess. But you can call me Daddy." I smiled. Her mouth dropped open.

"Your my daddy?" She pointed to herself.

"Yes Princess, I'm your daddy."

________ Adannaya

5:16am

I rolled over on my arm and winched in pain. I lifted up my arm to see it wrapped in a white bandages. Looking to my right I seen Vladimir laying beside me. He was laying shirtless with his arm tucked under his head. I sat up in his bed and examined his tattoos. I lightly traced the tattoos with my finger. Following the crease in his biceps and the vein that trailed down his arm.

He mumbled under his breath and stirred in his sleep. I covered up my mouth with my hand. He moved the arm that was under his head on top of his head. "What are you doing?" He mumbled under his breath. I laughed before answering his question.

"I'm entertaining myself." I giggled lightly

"Are you having fun waking me up?" He cleared his throat and rolled over on his back.

"Well that wasn't my intentions, but since your up good morning." I placed a kiss on his cheek.

"First you wake me up then you kiss me on the cheek. I'm a grown ass man you kiss me right." I laughed and he flashed a smile. I rolled over on top of him and placed a kiss on his lips. He held onto my waist and I placed my arms above his head. He indulged me into a deep kiss. The feeling of his warm lips sent shivers down my spine.

I felt his lips turn up into a smile against my lips. "You should come over more often." I laughed hiding my head in the crook of his neck.

"I can't deal with your ass." I climbed off of him and walked into the bathroom across the hall. My smile face turned into a straight one. I ran my hands down my face. I'm so lost right now. How am I going to find Lady? I have no points to start from anymore, the house we visted last night was vacant. I'm just so confused.

"Naya!" Melanie screamed from another part of the house. I opened the door to the bathroom and stuck my head out.

"What Stacks?!"

"Come here." I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm trying to get in the damn shower!" I yelled.

"It's important Naya." Her voice softened.

"If it's not about Lady I don't want to hear it Stacks."

"It is, I promise." I groaned and exited the bathroom. I strutted down the hall and down the steps. I hit the corner and Melanie was sitting on the couch. Her head shot my way when she heard me walk in.

"You know what I noticed? You only call me Stacks when I get on your nerves.

"You just now figuring that out?" I smacked her leg whole sitting. "Anyway what did you find?"

"I didn't find anything." She crossed her arms. "But I was thinking. Why did he take all the stuff she had with her?"

"That's not very logical Melanie." I shook my head.

"Don't shake your head at me dammit. Think about it. When most people are taken their shit is left behind. Lady's stuff was taken with her including her duck."

"He might have touch her things and didn't have gloves on. So he took it so no evidence is left. You ever think about that?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Naya come on now." Melanie shook her head. "If that was the case the he would have to take the fucking window with him too."

"I'm not really trying to ask myself question about why he did whatever. I just want to find that asshole and kill him." I stated.

"Naya the only way you will find him is if you ask yourself questions. Why did he do this, or why did he do that? Put pieces together and you will find him."

"I just need a drink right now." I stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. I reached into one of the cabinets.

"Babe what are you doing?" Vladimir stood in the door frame. His shirt was off showing his tattoos. I stared for a split second before looking away. "Why are you in the liquar cabinet?" He paced my way.

"Because I need a drink." I pulled out the Hennessey black. "I'm stressing."

"I know you are, but don't be drinking." He took the bottle out of my hand. Vladimir then placed it on top of the cabinet. "If I see you with anything we're fighting."

"Well I guess we're fighting then." I walked around him trying to escape the wrath of Vladimir Archer. Sadly I failed. He grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me back.

"I'm serious Adannaya." He stare was deep and his face was straight.

"I know you are. I'm not going to drink." I stepped closer. "I promise." I held my hands in the air.

"You better not." He bent down and placed a kiss on my lips. "Now get upstairs and get dressed. We have baby hunting to do." He pushed me forward.

"Whatever you say father." I laughed and walked out the kitchen. After I hit the corner I went upstairs to my phone. I pulled it out of my purse and searched up Spenser's number. I hestitated and dialed the number.

It began to ring. He picked up on the third ring. "Hello." His voice echoed through the phone.

"Hey Spenser do you have any plans tonight?"

_______

DARK GIRL HAS OFFICALLY REACHED 1K READS!!
Id like to thank all my readers because I wouldn't have made it without yall.