Chapter 3

_____Adannaya

*ring *ring

"Hello?"

"Bitch you were suppose to call me after your first class!" Melanie's voice echoed through the phone.

"Girl it's only-" I looked at my phone."Oh yea." I trailed off.

"Yeah that's what I thought. You never call anybody!" She yelled at me through the phone.

"I always call you. When I ain't got nobody else to talk to." I mumbled that last part.

"Oh whatever just get your ass here."

"Your so demanding!"

"I don't care. People are starting to stare at me." Her voice got low.

"Well maybe you should wear more clothes?"

"Adannaya King!"

"Oh calm down. I'll come get you in a minute." I sighed and walked down the steps. I left the building across the street from the fashion building.

"Hurry up!"

I hung up the phone. I totally forgot about calling Melanie. Guess I was too busy arguing with Baby all afternoon. He is still trying to convince me to go drinking. It's a good idea, but I'm just not comfortable with leaving Lady. She stays at daycare all day. I don't want to drop her off with someone else. Again! Then again I don't work or have class tomorrow. Maybe I should go it's only one night.

Hurrying to the car I threw my bags in the trunk. I groaned and hopped in the driver's side. My body is so exhausted. If I go out with Baby tonight I'll have to take a nap.

I pulled out the parking lot and drove to the photography building. Melanie was standing outside beside some dude. I believe that's her boy toy. His name is Michael a total nerd, but he's a sweetheart. I rolled own the window.

"Get your ass in the car Melanie!" I shouted out the window. Her and Michael faced my direction. "Hey Michael! How's it going?" I waved and smiled. He waved back and threw thumbs up. Melanie placed a kiss on his cheek and jogged to the car. I watch him stare at her butt while she ran. Little nasty.

"So that's what we do kiss and run?" I questioned as Melanie got in the car. She put her bag in the backseat and started smiling. "Why are you smiling like that weirdo?"

"What are you talking about? I'm not... what?" Melanie sat back and sighed. She rolled up her sleeves and glanced out the window. I burned a hole in the side of her face. She thinks she slick trying to ignore me. My eyes were glued. Melanie glanced over at me.

"What nosy?"

"Don't play dumb with me." I shifted in my seat. "You just kissed him and left."

"What was I supposed to do. Suck his face off." Her eyes got big.

"Well it's better than a kiss on the cheek. The fucking cheek! He's a grown ass man he want more than a peck." I threw my hands up.

"Well excuse me."

"I'm just saying. You've done worse that sucking someone's face off." I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh whatever."

"Come on Melanie the man was staring hard at your ass."

"No he wasn't!" Melanie denied. I narrowed my eyes. She knew he was staring.

"Fine!" She surrendered. "I shook a little to make sure he looked." She threw her hands up. I wonder sometimes why I'm even friends with her.

_______