Chapter 5

Adannaya

"Hey do you have class today?" I walked in Baby's kitchen and sat next to him. Me and Melanie ended up staying the night and crashing in his living room. I wasn't driving, and Melanie's drunk ass sure wasn't driving. I was not going to die last night. Nope, no way in hell.

"Wait what did you say?" Baby looked up from his phone. His eyes were big and red.

I laughed, not meaning to. "I asked if you had class today. And why are your eyes red?" I pointed at his eyes. He smacked my hand away and I jerked back.

"Don't put those sausage fingers in my face." He smacked his lips and turned back around.

"I don't have sausage fingers!"

"Yea bullshit! Your finger look like a pack of pork sausage links!" His eyes got big while he insulted me. He's so damn mean.

"Oh shut up. Your just mad because you didn't get none last night." I walked over to the stove and picked up a piece of bacon.

"How you know I didn't get any." He put his phone and crossed his arms.

"Because you fell asleep before me and Melanie. Or unless you woke up early this morning to get you some." I picked up another piece of bacon. Baby shook his head.

"I wonder about you sometimes."

"I know you do." He nudged past me to get to the food. I moved the other direction.

"And stop eating all my damn food fat ass!" He laughed and put the plate in the sink.

"I'm leaving on that one!" I walked towards the bathroom. "Get a hair cut nappy nap! I shouted from the bathroom. I shut the door before he could say anything else. We insult each other so much It's ridiculous, but it's the way we bond.

I found a spare toothbrush under Baby's sink and bushed my teeth. I got in the closet in the bathroom, and searched through the clothes. Baby makes us leave spare clothes at his house for emergencies. He never did it until Melanie had her things stolen by her ex a couple of months ago. It's a long story, but a crazy one.

I pulled out some athletic shorts and a white stretch shirt. After getting out the shower I put on my clothes, lotion, a little perfume, and walked out. Melanie was sitting at the table with a bottle of Advil and glass of water. I stood beside her and rubbed her back. "Awh does the baby have a hangover!" I slightly yelled.

She lifted her head up and mean mugged me. "You can be a jackass sometimes." She rubbed her temples before laying her head down.

"I know, I know." I smoothed her hair while laughing. "Feel better." I rubbed her back before walking off. I walked into Baby's room and he wasn't there. Oh well. I left the room and headed to the front door. I passed Melanie in the kitchen on my way out. I told her to be good before picking up my things and leaving.

-------

I walked around the produce aisle in Kroger. I decided to stop and pick up some groceries before I got Lady. The refrigerator is a little low. I haven't been shopping since last Saturday. My shopping cart rolled down past the potatoes. I filled a bag up with sweet and russet potatoes, and maybe . Walking around the food I grabbed organic oranges, kale greens, mango, and broccoli.

A tall woman walked past me giving me the death stare. I turned around to make sure that I wasn't tripping. What the hell is her problem? She was a white lady, tall, slim, and she had blonde hair. I hate bitches like her. Walking around thinking that their shit don't stink. And it's probably rotten as hell. I brushed her off and continued to walk the aisles. I stopped in the meat department. Picking up chicken, steak, and shrimp.

I turned around to put my things in the basket. A man stood on the other side of the freezers shopping. Well isn't he a beauty. He stood at least 5'11, light skin, muscular, and covered in tattoos. And his swag is on point. Bonus! I tried not to be noticed so I continued to shop. I turned back around and looked at the pork chops.

I picked up a pack and the man showed up beside me. His sent lingered and damn he smelt good. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. Don't make contact Adannaya don't do it. I looked up. Shit! He looked in my direction before picking up a piece of meat. I slid the other direction pretending to look. He followed.

"You know if the chicken is discolored it might be old." He spoke to me.

"Excuse me." I looked up in his direction. He smiled at me and my mouth dropped. Damn his smile is beautiful and that dimple is perfect. His jawline is sharp and his lips are full. This man was sculpted by the gods.

"Are okay?" He touched my shoulder and laughed. I didn't even laugh. I was too busy melting in his hand. I snapped out of my thoughts. I cleared my throat before answering.

"Yea I'm fine. I just-"

"It's alright." He smiled again. "I was just telling you that if the chicken is discolored it's old. And yours-" He pointed."Is old." He reached in my basket and pulled out the meat. Switching it out with another one.

"Well thanks. I never realized." I put a strand of hair behind my ear. I am 20 years old and here I am acting like a 14 year old. Being shy and shit. Get your shit together Adannaya. I stood up straight.

"Your welcome. I didn't get your name." He leaned against his basket.

"King- Adannaya King."

"Vladimir Archer, nice to meet you." He shook my hand and smiled. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and an alarm was going off. The memo said: Munchkins ready. Dammit I forgot about picking up Lady. I guess I was too busy drooling over this man. With his caramel looking self.

"Oh I'm sorry. I have to go." I apologized before putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Oh it's okay." He waved it off. "How about I get your number, and maybe we can talk later?" He put his hands in his pockets.

I hesitated. Do I really want to talk to him again? Yes or no? He is pretty damn sexy wouldn't want to pass up that opportunity. "Sure." I flashed him a smile. Vladimir handed me his phone and I inserted my number. I handed it back to him, and he promised a text or call. I nodded and walked off.

Well that was something different. I walked towards the check out line. I caught a glimpse of a man with black hair from the corner of my eye. He was watching me walk. Either I'm tired or just losing my mind because that man looks familiar. Maybe it's- I stopped myself. Nah I'm tripping it isn't him. I checked out and headed to my mom's

___________