Chapter 16

Unedited

Flashback (Akilah and Angelo)

I sat on the bed thinking about the past year that I've been living with Angelo. There has been good times where me and him would just sit and laugh. Cuddle up with each other and let the day past with no worries. We could be fat together and feel comfortable with each other. But our days weren't always good. Beautiful days could turn into painful nights. Yelling and screaming at each other then  turning away.

I'm sitting on this full sized bed wondering if I should stay. Is being lonely for days at a time worth staying. I stood up from the bed and walked over to the gold full length mirror. I stare at my self and I don't see the same person. I used to see myself as giggly and full of love. Now I see a hateful bitch with insecurities. And it's all because of him. He built me up to watch me fall without any chance of surviving.

My hair is down my back touching my butt. My arms are built like the rest of my body. My brain is running back and forth wondering if I should cry, or laugh, or even fight. My lips don't even come to a complete curve to form a smile. I feel a warm liquid build up in my eyes. Tears start to roll down my cheeks and fall off my face.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes are red and lost. This is all his fault. The man that I love is tearing me to pieces. I take a step closer while still looking at the beautiful mirror and I smile. But that smile turns back way too quick. Without thinking I swing my forearm against the mirror's glass.

It shatters and falls off the wall. Blood starts to drip from my arm, but the broken mirror doesn't satisfy me. I'm screaming and going for the next object. I punch the mirror on the dresser. It shatters. I start kicking at the end tables beside the bed. One by one the legs come off tumbling them to the cold floor.

Pictures of us are being thrown against the wall. Anything that's involving us I want to destroy. Even if that means destroying the house. I'm still screaming and flipping shit. The full size mattress is on the other side of the room. I stop to catch my breath and look around. Shit is broken and thrown around. I still can't relieve the anger.

I fucking hate him. I hate this. I want to leave. But my heart won't let me. I run down the steps of the house. I grab two hardback books from the shelves of the book case. I sit them on the couch then push it off the wall. The wood hitting the wooden floor cause a bang. I pick up the books and turn to walk in the bathroom.

Another one of those beautiful mirrors sit on the wall above the sink. I look in it. My once straight hair has started the frizz from the sweat. The veins arm popping out of my muscular arms. My brain is fixed on only one thing. My lips still haven't formed a smile. I take the book in my left hand and sit it in the sink. My sweaty palms grip the book The skin I'm in: by Sharon Flake.

Against the beautiful mirror  I bang the book. Fuck all mirrors because they hide the truth of people. As the glass shatters I hear the front door open. I kick the bathroom door close and slide down the wall behind me. My eyes get heavy and they slowly start to close.

"Akilah! Akilah!" I hear his heavy foot steps dragging through the house. "Babe, are you here!?" I start to cringe at the word. I stay quiet with my eyes closed sitting in the bathroom. I clench my fist knowing what time it is.  His footsteps are dragging and I hear him getting closer. The door flies open and I stop it with my left foot.

"Akilah what the hell?" I don't see him, but I smell him. I jump when I feel his hands touch my face I don't open my eyes, but he's still talking. "Are you okay? Babe fucking talk to me." He pushed a piece of hair out of my face and rubs my cheeks. Just like he used to when he would comfort me. When our beautiful days would turn to beautiful nights. My throat is closing and my head is hurting.

"Babe please talk to me you know I hate when your silent." I open my eyes and his pleading ones are staring at me. I started feeling that pain release.

"Please get away from me. Let me grieve." I try to push his away.

"Did someone die? Come on please talk to me." I hear his voice crack. "Why did you tear up the house?"

"Quit fucking asking questions dammit!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!" He yelled still gripping my face.

"You, that's what the hell is wrong with me!"

"Why did I do to you?" Angelo questioned me.

"Everything. Your tearing me apart and I can't figure out how to put the pieces back together." He looked confused. "You leave me here alone all day and then come home and fight with me. I get pushed around by you every fucking day." I squeeze his hands that are placed on my thighs. My cries become uncontrollable. "I'm lost. You even admitted to messing around with another girl but still fucking accuse me."

"Babe I'm sorry. You have to tell me these things." He tucked his bottom lip into his mouth. I nodded.

"I know, but we always fight and I can't do this anymore. It's not healthy."

"I promise to do better." He pulled me into his chest. "I know this isn't healthy especially for you. I can't make anything worse." His hand traveled down my arm across my wounded arm and landed on my stomach. "Please work with me. I can't lose you or my baby." I looked down to my growing belly and stared at the bump starting to form.

______ Flashback Over

Short chapter I know. But I wanted to have a chapter with just a flashback of Akilah and Angelo. Who is Akilah and Angelo? Does anyone have an idea? Let me know what you think. Vote, comment, you know what to do

Princessbug