Chapter 24

____Valentino

I pulled up to Adannaya's house around 10:01. I had to contact Melanie just to find out where she lived. And that was a task itself. First contacting the art school, but they wouldn't tell me a damn thing. I ended up crossing paths with this real feminine guy. I think his name was Jackson not for sure. But I finally got her information. I'm no detective or spy and that made things worse. I thought about the things Adannaya told me the day she showed up at my house. And it really sunk into my veins.

I hated that punk ass that she was dating a couple of years ago. It seemed like every other day she would show up at my door. Either raging with anger or crying her beautiful brown eyes out. I wanted to whoop his ass multiple times. But she wouldn't let me and it pissed me off. She wouldn't let me save her from all her pain. She loved him. BULLSHIT! I wouldn't stay with someone that treated me like shit just because I loved them. There's not that much love in the world.

After a year Adannaya really began to hit rock bottom. I have never seen her so violent during those times. Not only did she fight her boyfriend she fought me too. I guess that's what happens when you hit rock bottom. And when I say she hit rock bottom, she hit that shit hard! There was no getting her back from that. Only thing that brought back the sweet, loving, out going Adannaya was Adanna Nyarai King. Ever since that little girl was born I've had an awkward connection to her. And it's slightly scary. I don't know how to explain it.

I watched Adannaya step out of her apartment building in a casual, but slightly sexy outfit. And her hair was curly! I haven't seen her hair curly in a while. Her curls were tightly spiraled and reached her shoulders. Damn she's beautiful. She opened the car door and sat inside.

"Hey." She smiled buckling her seatbelt.

"Hey. You look nice." I stated. Her cheekbones rose to the highest point. Which means she was blushing. She brushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Thanks." She turned to look out the window. "Where's Melanie?" She questioned turning back around to face me.

"I'm picking her up at her house." She raised and eyebrow. "Don't look at me like that Adannaya. She told me to pick her up there. I turned the steering wheel.

"Oh." She slouched down into the seat looking straight out. There was an awkward silence between the two of us. "What made you change your mind?" She spoke.

"What?"

"What. Made. You. Change. Your. Mind?" Adannaya crossed her arms over her chest.

"A lot of things." I stated.

"And what might those things be? Is It because you'll think that I'm going to have sex with you-"

"Adannaya."

"Or you think that I will just crawl to you like I used to-"

"Adannaya please stop."

"Oh I know what it is... You think that Lady is-"

"AKILAH PLEASE, SHUT UP!"

I gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white. "What did you just call me?!" Her brown eyes beamed into my green ones. I sighed and pulled the car over. I put it in park and faced Adannaya.

"Did you just call me what I think you called me?" She spoke her eyes wide.

"Adannaya it was an accident."

"Don't say it was an accident because it wasn't! Everybody knows not to call me that!" She pointed her finger in my face.

"Well it's your fucking name!" I began to get frustrated.

"That is not my damn name!" She hissed back at me.

"Then what is it?!" I questioned. Her stare was blank. I couldn't make out what she was feeling.

"That is not my name." She spat. "Tell me why your doing this Valentino Samms."

"We both know why I'm taking time out of my day to do this. That asshole has our daughter." My blood boiled with rage.

"She is not your daughter!" She yelled to the top of her lungs.

"Then who's daughter is it Akilah?! Because she sure isn't his!" My hand gripped the steering wheel. My knuckles white. No words came out of her mouth. Nothing.

"Adanna is not your daughter." She finally spoke facing the street ahead of us.

"Explain to me why she isn't mine Akilah. She has the same green eyes as me, the same slim lips, and the wide ears. So tell me Akilah why isn't she mine."

"Don't call me that." She said low.
I smacked the top of the car and she jumped.

"Stop worrying about a fucking name!" I was furious beyond anything. "Why wouldn't she be mine Akilah!?"

"I don't know Valentino damn!" She faced me tears in her eyes. "Me and you had sex once."

"It only takes one time."

"Well hell maybe she is yours."

"There's no maybe, I know she is." I stared her in the eyes.

"Then why were you mad at me when she was born. You totally ignored me after I had Adanna. Like I didn't even exist." She wiped a rolling tear off her cheek.

"You want to know why? Because you wouldn't except the fact that she looked like me. I was hurt that I couldn't hold her in my arms and say yea this is my baby." My mind wondered. "But I couldn't do that because of you. You took that privilege away from me. I didn't even get a chance to say she was mine." I kept a straight face trying not to break down. "That's why I've hated you for so long." I looked over at her. She was balling her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I- I didn't know." She spoke through her tears.

"Nobody knew."

"I don't know what to say V."

"Don't say anything." I grabbed the side of her face and indulged her into a kiss. At first she made no move. Then our lips began to move in sync. I savored her soft plump lips, they tasted like some type of chapstick. Her arms wrapped around my neck and into my hair. I licked her bottom lip asking for entrance and she accepted. Our tounges wrestled with each other until she came up for air. I stared into her eyes for the longest time.

"Kiss me." She stated.

"No." Her face turned hard.

"Why not?"

"Because its 10:45 and Melanie's going to kill us for being late." She turned her head and looked at the time. "See my point." I started the car again. And pulled out. I watched her from the corner of my eye. Her mouth dropped.

"I just kissed you." She stated the obvious. I smiled.

"Yea you did."

"But what about Vladimir."
_____