Chapter 14

Unedited so please excuse the mistakes

____ Spenser

 Ok so what time would you normally eat dinner? Six, 7 o'clock, oh maybe three. No three is too early thats still lunch time. Well maybe 3 o'clock isn't too bad now is it. Do you know how dumb you sound? Just forget it why am I acting this way. I've been on date with several women. But this cannot be considered a date because of her 'boy toy'. That thing! Who is he anyway? I've seen him, and believe me that dude can't even compete with me. See why are you tripping. Because something I wrong with you that's all.

I sound like a desperate teenage boy. But I can't help it, I mean I can help it. She's just so freaking beautiful. I've seen plenty of beautiful black women in all shades. Light skin, almond brown, ones with mocha brown skin, hell I've even seen some that looked white. Most likely that was their goal.

Personally I like darker toned women like Adannaya. Their skin seems smoother and more edible, like eating triple chocolate ice cream. I have been with several black women, but Adannaya tops them all. My phone buzzed on the nightstand beside my bed. I swear if this is Maria I'm going to scream.

Lord don't let this be her, or I'm going to fucking scream. I can't stand that girl. I rolled over on my side and reached for my phone. I pressed in my lock screen code and went to my messages. Sure enough it was her, I read the message sent to me two minutes ago.

Maria; When you coming to see me boo? I sighed and read over the message. I began typing my response. "What do you want Maria?" In less than a minute her message came through my phone. Who the hell text back that fast, uh maybe her did you think about that? Hell no.

"I want to see you. I haven't talked to you in over a month and I miss you." She replied ending the message with the heart eyes emoji. I stood up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom. My bathroom is located across the apartment. I took a couple of steps while texting Maria back.

"If we haven't talked in a month why talk to me now?" I pressed send and continued to the bathroom. I grabbed me a towel out the closet and hopped in the shower. I continued to think about tonight, damn I hope I don't fuck that up.

_____Adannaya

I scanned through the current designs in my portfolio picking out the one that was selected. The denim dress with leopard print chains stood out. I continued the designs added another set of chains. I swear this day has gone no where, it's not even 10 o'clock yet. Well maybe if you didn't wake up so freaking early. 

I watched Lady run around all last night. Running back and forth through Melanie's living room. I couldn't stop her, she slept for hours and she was making up for lost time. Speaking of the little devil. Lady came running into the leaving room. I put my laptop down preparing for impact.

Her small stature jumped onto my lap landing her curls in my mouth. I spat them out and wrapped my arms around her so she wouldn't fall. She placed her forehead against mine smiling. I couldn't help but smile back causing me and her to both laugh. Her giggle echoed through out the room.

"What is so funny did I miss something?" Melanie entered the room and plopped down beside the both of us. Lady lifting her head off mine and looked in Melanie's direction.

"Hi Aunny Mel." She waved at Melanie and she waved back.

"What's up Sweet Potato?" Melanie pinched her cheeks. Her giggle was louder this time she hid her face in my chest. I adjusted her on my lap so her weight was even on both leg.

"Where did the nickname Sweet Potato come from? I've never heard no shit like that before." I questioned Melanie. She shook her head and laughed at me. I don't know what's so funny I just asked her a freaking question. I slapped her on the arm. "What's so funny weirdo?"