Chapter 7

Adannaya

"Hi welcome to Minuteman Pizza! How may I help you?" Right now it is exactly 2:18 and I've been up since 5 o'clock. And I am tired as hell. I had to drop Lady off at Melanie's at 5:45, so she could take her to my mom's before class. The days I work are the most difficult. I'm up at 5 and getting ready. Dropping Lady off at Melanie's, and then working a eight hour shift. It's not over yet. I have a 2 hour class from 3 to 5.

I clocked out and hung my apron up. I waved bye to my co-workers. Sitting on the bench outside I relaxed my feet before walking to my car. I took my hair out the bun that was on the top of my head.

A man in a suit walked from across the street to where I worked. He was very proper. A little too proper if I do say so myself. I scrolled through instagram to past the time. He walked past me and looked in my direction. I glared back at him. He had an intimidating look, but it didn't phase me. He continued to walk into the pizza shop. I stood up and headed to my car

 I picked up my bag and- shit my jacket. I strutted back into the pizza place. Okay I wasn't strutting, but I was walking so fast it looked like I was. I passed Jeremih who was working the cash register.

"Hey what you doing back?" He handed a costumer their receipt.

"I left my jacket." I walked in the back and picked it up off the lockers. Jeremih was ringing up another person. I waved bye and told him that I'll be back tomorrow. I started walking to my car.

"Hey!" A man's voice lingered. I turned around and it was the man in the suit. I stood there and waited for him to approach me. He stood in front of me.

"Hey." I trailed off.

"You know... I don't appreciate the look you gave me back there!" He slid his hands into his pockets.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't like the way-" He talked to me like I was slow.

"Hold on back the hell up. Last time I checked you started staring at me." I pointed in is face. "Now if you will excuse me I have to go to class." I went to walk, but he grabbed my arm.

"I don't recall that..."

"First off let go of me." I jerked back and he let me go. He started laughing and shaking his head. He hovered over me."You don't intimidate me just because you walk around thinking your the SHIT don't stink!"

"Oh really now?" He

"Yes really! Did I stutter?" I clenched my fist by my sides. I was beyond pissed now. He stood there no words exchanged. Just eyes to eyes.

"What is your name?" He finally spoke up. I was so pissed I couldn't process my thoughts. Who does he think he is? Having the nerve to say I don't appreciate that look. He can stick it. He cleared his throat to get my attention.

"It's Adannaya King." I walked away not trying to hear anything else he had to say. Before I hit the corner he yelled out.

"I'm Valentino Samms!" I glanced back then maintained my stride.

______

"Hey Adannaya did you know we had a meeting?" Baby walked with me to the design building.

"No, when did this happen." I stopped to face Baby.

"I don't know I guess this morning. It's suppose to be a big meeting for the design team. We have to present our portfolios so we can be accepted into an internship program."

"Your bullshit! Are you serious?" My mouth dropped. I was beyond excited.

 "I'm as serious as a heart attack!" Baby pretended to have a heart attack.

"You play too much. We need to hurry up and get to class. It's very necessary to have an organized portfolio. We don't need a bad first impression, we're too fabulous for that!" I sang that last part

We walked into the design building and picked a spot to sit. Me and Baby sat at the sewing table. Our teacher explained how the meeting for our first internship would play out. First, three different fashion representatives would present their company. Second, we choice which one we would be interested in working for. Third, present and pray you get accepted.

"Hey I'm a little nervous." Baby whispered in my ear.

"Me too."

______

"We expand our design to more exotic styles. So the possibilities are endless." The second lady just finished presenting. We've been in here no longer than 30 minutes, and so far nobody has phased me. I pray that this third lady is better than the other two.

As soon as the lady left the last one entered. It was a man. I've seen men work with fashion before, but usually... you know they're like Baby. I leaned back in my chair and started chewing on my pen. He walked in and sat down his items.

Mr. Asshole, my teacher, introduced him. "This here is Spenser Steward he works with Flowers Fashion. You can start when your ready" He patted Spenser on the shoulder then sat down. After he did that Spenser flashed a smile. And let me tell you his smile was dorky as hell, but very cute.

His black hair was slick down and smooth. His suit fit tightly around his arms and chest, big hazel eyes, and dorky smile. Pretty sexy white dude if I do say myself. He began his presentation and tell you the truth I was barley watching. Damn that is one sexy man.

______

Little boring I know... Let me know what you think. Vote. Comment.

**Princessbug