Chapter 17

Unedited so please excuse the mistakes

_____Adannaya

"Lady is missing."

Those words literally punched me in my fucking throat. My chest tightened and the feeling of heartburn took over. The tears started building up in the corner of my eyes. I took a deep breath. "Mom, tell me what happened." I spoke calm so my mother couldn't hear the anger in my voice.

"I- I put her to bed an-and when I went in the room to check on her she wasn't there." Her voice was fragile. Without even noticing the tears fell from my eyes. I wiped the salty liquid from my eyes and continued to talk to my mother.

"What time did you put her to bed?" I managed to say into the phone.

"I don't know maybe around 10:30, 11 o'clock." Her voice echoed through the speaker. I rubbed my right hand across my face.

"Did you just now check on her?"

"About five minutes ago. But all of her things are gone. Her bag full of clothes, her duck that she sleeps with, everything is gone." My mom started to hiccup through her cries. I kept my cool and walked over to Vladimir.

"Who fucking takes a 3 year old little girl!?" I pulled at the ends of my hair. "Who would take my baby from me?! What the actual fuck!"

"Naya, I called the cops and their on the way." Her delicate voice spoke through the phone.

"I swear if they don't find my child-"

"Babe calm down your causing a scene." Vladimir pulled me beside him and whispered.

"I don't care. My child is fucking missing. My baby is missing. Dammit!" I stepped away from Vladimir and started walking to my car. "Mom I'll call you back." I hung up the phone and slid it into my bra.

"For real chill the fuck out before you get the cops called on you." Vladimir ran up beside me. "I understand Lady went missing and you're upset, but calm down." Vladimir stood behind me rubbing my arms. I let out a much needed breath.

"Fine whatever." I stepped out of his arms and continued to walk to the car. I stopped at the backseat door.

"I'm going to go get Melanie wait here." I watched him turn around and walk towards the building. I leaned up against my car placing my head on the window. I tried keeping my breathing steady, so I closed my eyes placing my head on top of my knees.

She ran into my room dressed in pink duck pajamas. Curls hanging from her high ponytail, green eyes shining, and her smile wild. She crawled into the bed with me. Laying her head on the pillow beside me.

"Mommy what you doing."  She looked  up at me green eyes big.

"I'm drawing a dress Munchkin." I talked with a pencil in my mouth. She grabbed the book from my hands sitting it on her lap.

"I wanna see." She stared at the blue soon to be silk dress."Is this me?" She pointed to the skinny caramel skinned girl. I took the book out of her hands looking at the drawing. The model did resemble Lady a little.

"No it's not you." I smiled  sitting the book beside my bed.

"That was me."  Her eyes grew big and her lips pocked out.

"No it wasn't."

"Mommy that's me! She has curly hair like me and her eyes are green." She pointed to her ponytail and eyes.

"Lady that is not you."  I laughed.

"Mommy, mommy, mommy." She shook her head . I started to laugh uncontrollably holding my stomach.

"Munchkin that is a model."

"Do you know her?"  Curiosity filled in her eyes.

"No-" She cut me off.

"Then it's me. I know it is mommy." She crawled over me and jumped off the bed. "Mommy it's ok, I know it was me." Then she turned and walked out the door to her room.

I started laughing remembering that night. Sometimes I swear that girl is in her thirties. So sassy. My chest started to tighten and tears started to flow. My mind started to travel to a different place. Something isn't adding up.

"Naya!" Heavy footsteps trailed my way. The sound of heels clashed against the road. Melanie came running towards me with Vladimir trailing behind. I stood up from beside the car and fixed myself. Melanie stopped in front of me out of breath.

"Are you okay?" I questioned Melanie. She held up a finger pausing her sentence.

"Naya what's today's date." She breathed out.

"The 30th you have a phone why didn't you check your phone? Instead of running over here in your damn heels." I opened my car door and opened the glove department. I began to take my jewelry off and placing it in the car.

"I have a feeling he took Lady." She coughed. I stopped taking off my jewelry and shut my door.

"What makes you say that?"

"Come on Naya. He said that he would be here May 13. Which is only 2 weeks away, and Lady already told you that she seen a 'monster' in her room." She threw up air quotes. "Think about it Naya. He told you that date so you would expect to see him that date. He is ten times smarter than that he knows exactly what to do." Her face turned red and my blood was boiling. "He took Lady Naya no doubt about it."

"Who are you talking about." Vladimir jumped in. I didn't answer but I thought about what Melanie was saying.

"He took my child." I nodded my head biting my lower lip. You don't know he took her. I shut out the nice side of my brain. That punk took my baby. I never did anything to him. Never! "I'm going to kill him."

"I would if I were you. He took your daughter and my niece." Melanie's face turned red. "I fucking told him that if he got anywhere near I would hurt him myself. That puck ass." Melanie crossed her arms across her chest. 

"I hate him I always have, and I always will."  I swung my arm against the back window of my car shattering the glass. Chunks of glass laid in the backseat and on the floor. 

"Naya what the hell!" Melanie and Vladimir yelled in unison.

"Leave me the hell alone! Get in the car we're finding his ass!" I opened the front door to the car and sat in the seat. I buckled myself in and waited for the rest. "Are you getting in?" I spoke up to the both of them. 

"You don't know where he lives though." Melanie spoke up and hopped in the passenger's seat. 

"I'll just have to go back to the last place I was with him."

___________

Shoutout to my best friend  KendalShea. If you like dirty books Go read her book MOANS, she's a new writer to wattpad.