Chapter 6

Adannaya

After I had that little conversation with the man in Kroger I went and picked up Lady. And surprisingly he actually called. We talked on the phone while I cooked dinner. I learned a couple of things about him. He's 23, born in New York, and has a degree in architecture. Very educated too.

I never thought that I would be on the phone for an hour with a man I just met. As far as I know he's pretty nice, but I've only known him for a couple of hours. Things could change. I walked into my room and Lady was lying across the bed. She had the TV turned to Disney Junior.

"What you watching munchkin?" I sat down on the bed beside her. I brushed the hair away from her eyes, and she turned her head towards me.

"Sofia the first." She straight faced me before turning back around.

"Hey what was that for." I tapped her on the shoulder. She knocked my finger off her shoulder. Well isn't that some bullshit. "Hey I'm talking to you." I pocked her.

"Mommy I'm watching." She pointed to the tv on the wall.

"And I'm talking to you."

"Shush! It's a good part." She went to lay at the foot of the bed. I have never seen a 3 year old act so grown. It's alright I'll her her back. I stood up laughing. That's sad I'm over here messing with a little kid. Ha, oh well maybe it will make her tough.

I walked towards my closet. I picked out my outfit for class tomorrow, and my work clothes. For class I picked out a pair of sweat pants, a Nike t-shirt, and my white Jordans. I pulled out a pair of blue jeans and my pizza shirt for work.

"Mommy! Your phone!" Lady came running towards me with my phone. I grabbed it out of her hand.

"Thanks sweetheart." I slid the icon over and answered. I put the phone to my ear. "Hello?" Heavy breathing came through the phone. I spoke again, but got no answer. I started to hang up then someone started talking. It was a man's voice.

"Is this Adannaya King?"

"Who's asking?"

"Um-" He stopped speaking.

"Hello? Who is this?" I started to get frustrated. Why do people play on the phone.

"Don't worry about it. Just watch your back!" With that the line disconnected. What is happening. This is some bullshit. Why would someone be calling me? I walked out the room to the living room and dialed Melanie's number. She answered on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Stacks are you busy?" I sat on the loveseat.

"Nah I'm just sitting here. Wassup?"

"Alright I'm going to make this sweet and simple. Some man just called me from an unknown number. He asked for me then told me to watch my back." I laid on the couch.

"Oh well damn that's creepy."

"You think and I don't even answer unknown number."

"Why did you answer it dumbass?!"

"I don't know! I didn't pay attention to the caller." I sighed and out my head in the pillow. I can be slow sometimes. It's like something in my head doesn't click all the way. In my mind I can mentally see Melanie slapping me.

"Don't worry about it, but if he calls back..." She paused. "God so help me we will find his ass. I haven't fought in about a month or two. So you know I'm ready to kick some ass." She plotted through the phone.

"You have problems, but thanks for the backup. I have to go it's Lady's bedtime."

"Alright call me if it happens again." I told her I would then we hung up.

I walked in my room and Lady was asleep on my bed. I picked her up and took her in her room. I sat her on the bed she stirred in her sleep. I changed Lady into her princess pajamas and tucked her in. I placed a kiss on her forehead and set her ducks beside her. I walked out, turned off the light, and cracked the door.

"Mommy?" Lady called. I turned back towards the room. I peeped my head in. "Night light." She pointed to her dresser I plugged it in and exited the room.

I slipped into a big over sized shirt and girl boxers. I sat under my covers thinking. Who was calling me? And what am I watching for?

_______

Short chapter I know, but trust me things are about to get crazy. Oh and Melanie's nickname I Stacks.

**Princessbug