House of Fëanoriel

Míril was getting ready for bed when she recalled the Lady Galadriel's request that she go see the Lady before bed. Slipping on some sandals, she walked down the stairs and up another set to where Galadriel and Celeborn, and Elrond as well, were staying. She knocked gently on Galadriel's door.

It was Elrond who answered, to Míril's surprise. She walked in and smiled at Elrond, so glad was she that he had agreed to the marriage. She found Galadriel and Celeborn sitting at the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry, did I interrupt?" Miril asked quickly.

Galadriel shook her head. "Nay. You are just in time. Elrond, did you bring it?"

Elrond nodded and went over to the wall. He picked up a standard that was folded up and brought it over.

"What is this, my lady?" Míril asked in surprise.

Galadriel stood. "Míril Lôminzil, called Edlen, there is another name you should claim. Fëanoriel, Daughter of Fëanor. For through many unions you are indeed a direct descendent of that elven Lord. Take Fëanoriel as your House title."

Miril nodded. "Yes, my lady."

"I had my people create for you a standard and a sigil for your house. Here it is," Galadriel nodded to Elrond and he unfurled the standard.

Miril looked at it. It was two stars ontop of each other in light grey-blue on a black field. In the center of the two stars was a tongue of fire in bright red, with red rubies dotting the outside on the black cloth. Miril looked at it in amazement.

Elrond spoke, "Take this, Miril Fëanoriel, as your sigil. Present it to Aragorn so that he may make it a House of Gondor."

Miril knelt on one knee to the monarchs before her. She was not worthy to stand before them.

"Stand, child," Celeborn shook his head. "You are a great leader of elves and Men now yourself. Under Lord Aragorn you shall bring great honor to the House of Fëanor as should've been done in ages past. Right the wrongs of your forefathers."

Míril accepted Elrond's hand in assistance to stand. He looked at her long and hard before nodding. This was to be his daughter-in-law. He hoped he didn't regret granting her his son's hand in marriage.

Míril took hold of the standard and bowed. She furled it back up to hide it until she was ready to present it to Aragorn. House Telcontar and House Fëanoriel would be joined not only by union through adoption, but soon by blood when Arwen married Aragorn and Míril married Elrohir.

"We also brought you new clothes for battle, crafted by the elves," Celeborn told her and Galadriel took out a large pack.

She drew out a tunic of black and red, reminiscent of the standard's sigil. A large black cloak with the double star and tongue of fire also she gave to Miril. She took hold of the cloak and the tunic. She would treasure these always.

"Thank you my Lords, my Lady. Thank you." She bowed down to them.

Galadriel took hold of her hand. "You must carry the burden of Fëanor's blood, this is true. And I fear the Silmaril is not far off. Keep these as reminders that the House of Fëanor was not always evil. Great deeds were performed by those elven Lords. You can achieve that as well, without the kinslaying."

Míril nodded immediately.

"Now," Galadriel smiled softly, "Get to bed. I'm sure you are tired from your ride. Reveal your sigil to no one, not even my grandsons, before you have pledged it in service to Aragorn in a week's time."

Míril agreed and said goodnight to the elven Lords and Lady. She retired to bed, eager to get rest.

They rested in Édoras for two days, during which time Éomer was formally crowned King of Rohan. Once two days was up, the elven host and a small company of Rohirrim set out towards Minas Tirith. Thanks to the smaller host this time, they made the trip in four days instead of five. Despite pestering from the Twins, Miril refused to show them the standard of her house that the Galadhrim had made for her. Not until they rode up the great road through Minas Tirith. It was just her and the twins. The rest of the host stayed beyond the walls on the Pelennor Field until the time of the wedding. But Aragorn was eagerly awaiting them in the throne room. She cared her standard, still furled, and drew her sword as she knelt before her king.

"Rise, my friend," Aragorn nodded. "What is that you bear?"

"The lady Galadriel has sewn for me a sigil for my house which she had named House Fëanoriel. I wish to pledge my colors to you officially." Miril stood and looked at Aragorn, Faramir standing beside him.

"You may unfurl your banner, Miril of the House Fëanoriel. I accept it as one of my own." Aragorn gestured for her to let it fly.

She nodded and released the banner. It opened and showed her double star and tongue of fire sigil of her house. The star was for the House of Elrond through Elrohir and the tongue of fire for Fëanor's house. Aragorn nodded and gestured for Faramir to take the standard and place it beside his own on the wall.

"Forever it shall fly beside mine, my friend. Together we shall fight evil and restore peace to Middle Earth," Aragorn smiled. "I accept your pledge, Miril Fëanoriel."

The ceremony over, Aragorn and Faramir went up to the Twins and Miril. They spoke of the coming wedding. It would happen tomorrow.

"Aragorn, my friend," Elrohir smiled, pulling him aside. "My father has granted me permission to wed Míril. May we perform the ceremony quietly after yours, tomorrow?"

Aragorn smiled wide and grabbed Elrohir's shoulder. "Of course, my friend! I am pleased for the two of you! This is glad tidings indeed."

Míril was talking to Faramir and Elladan when Gandalf came in followed by Pippin and Merry. They looked in awe upon the standard of House Fëanoriel that stood now next to House Telcontar's banner. Gandalf smiled knowingly as he saw it.

"The age of redemption for the House of Fëanor is at hand, Míril Lôminzil Fëanoriel. Embrace it, enjoy it. But do not forget that it is a dangerous road you travel down." He spoke to her quietly. "And never forget that the Silmaril does not belong to you, if you find it. It is not yours."

Míril nodded. "Yes, Mithrandir."

"Good!" Gandalf laughed. "Good. So, the marriage is for tomorrow then? Yours and Aragorn both!"

"Indeed," Aragorn smiled. "Indeed it is. With the recovery and planting of the new White Tree, I have solidified my right as King of the Reunited Kingdom."

"You found a sapling of Nimloth, then?" she asked excitedly. "Excellent!"