Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Cameron's
Point of View

" I'm going to work, mom! " I yelled as I slammed the door, rushing to get the work.

I couldn't wait to talk to J. I haven't talked to her in about two months. Ok, more like two days, but its felt like two months. I miss her voice. Oh, her sweet and angelic voice.

I sound like a hormonal twelve year old boy that's in love. I just hope that she calls me today. I feel horrible for not being able to call her.

What if she hates me now, because I wasn't there? What if she thinks that I stood her up? What if she is mad at mad at me?

I quickly shook my head and put my attention back on the road.

I wasn't going to try and break the law again in the same week. Suddenly my phone started to ring.

I clicked on the answer button as I saw the name of the caller.

" Cameron! What is up my man? " Nash's voice spoke through my phone.

" Hey, Nash! I'm heading to work right now, what are you doing? " I asked him.

" Just heading to the gym. I need to start getting back in shape. This whole invisible six pack just isn't working for me. " He said, making me chuckle.

" I feel you, bro. " I said, stoping at the red light.

" Wait, when did you get a job? " Nash asked.

" Not too long ago. Sierra got me it. " I said.

" That's cool. Where do you work at and what do you do there? " He asked.

" It's in an office building. I have this really awesome room with a couch in it, a TV, fridge, etc. But I work for a Suicide Hotline. People who need to talk to someone or something like that call and I answer and talk to them. It's pretty cool actually. I get to talk to different people and it pays well. " I said.

" Wow. I didn't expect that from you, but that's good, dude. " He said.

" Thanks, man. " I said.

" So, any girls in your life right now? " He asked me as I pulled into the parking lot of the building.

" There's one, kind of. " I hesitantly said.

" What do you mean kind of? " Nash asked with a laugh.

" Well, I talked to her on the Suicide Hotline. She calls every night and we talk for at least a good 30 minutes or so. " I said.

" Awe! Goals! " Nash said in a white girl voice, making me laugh.

" The only problem is that I don't even know her name. " I said.

" She won't tell you? " He asked.

" Yup. Listen man, I'd love to keep talking to you, but I got to get in there. Spring break is 2 weeks away, though! "  I said with enthusiasm.

I couldn't wait to see Nash.

" No that's fine and I can't wait. Bye, Cameron! " He yelled into the phone.

" Bye Nash! " I yelled back into the phone.

I got out of my car and went into the building.

" Hey, Sharon. " I said, smiling to the lady at the front desk.

" Hello there, Cameron. " She smiled back as I made my way back to my office.

I unlocked my office door and went in, plopping down on the couch. I took out my face phone and decided to check my Twitter before I started work. After a few minutes I closed the app and shut off my phone, walking over to the computer, and turning it on. Within a few seconds I already had calls coming in.

" Hello, this is Cameron here. What's going on with you? " I spoke in a warm, caring voice.

" My name is Grace and I just really need someone to rant to. " She said, her voice hoarse and cracking in mid sentence from crying.

" Well go ahead, darling. " I said.

" So my parents are like goals, well at least there were. They would go out on these cute and spontaneous dates. They were middle school sweethearts for gods sake! I just found out last night that they want a divorce. It was around 2:00 a.m. and I heard them yelling. I went to the stairs and watched the whole thing happen before my eyes. My mom was crying as my dad's voice kept growing louder and louder. My mom finally started to fight back with words and my dad decided to fight back with his hands. He slapped my mom across the face. I gasped and they almost found me. Anyways, it's over. They're over. I always wanted to have a marriage like them, but now I don't. What if I turn up like them? I don't want to. " She practically wept.

" Grace, you won't end up like them as long as you don't let yourself end up like them. My dad left my family when I was younger. I still have fears that I'm going to do something stupid like he did, but I always remember that that's not going to happen unless if I let it happen. You just have to be confident that you won't let that happen, beautiful. " I said.

She sniffles through the phone.

" Ok. Thank you, Cameron. " She said.

" No problem, Grace. Call again if you ever need anything, ok? " I said.

" Ok. Bye. " She said and then hung up.

I smiled softly to myself, hoping that I had just lightened her mood.

Hours went by and it was soon 2:59 am. I sighed as I realized that J wasn't going to call me tonight.

She was probably mad at me. God, I'm such an idiot.

I shut off the computer and shut off the lights, leaving my office, and going home. There was no point in being there any longer, plus I was tired.

---------------
I've updated three times in one week, omg. That's not like me lol.

I hope that you guys are enjoying the book.

Comment here what you think is going to happen soon.

Love you guys!!