➳ Chapter 4

➳ Chapter 4

Cameron's Point Of View

" I just feel so lonely. " The girl said.

I could just imagine her right now. Sitting in her bathroom, crying on the floor, trying to get in control of herself as she kept crying and sobbing uncontrollably, hoping that it would all end soon.

" Your not alone. " I whispered into the phone, trying to sooth her down.

" But I feel like it. " She whispered back to me, her voice cracking at the end of the sentence due to all of her crying that she has done in the last twenty minutes or however long she has been crying.

" I'll be here for you, I promise. " I said, sincerity evident in my voice.

I just met, well, talked to this girl and I already feel protective and caring towards her.

" Can we talk again, tomorrow? Like at the same time? " She asked me.

" Of course, I'll be right here for you. Just ask for Cameron. " I said.

And with that, she hung up without even letting me get the chance to say goodbye or something.

I closed my eyes, spinning in the chair, blowing out air, and rubbing my temples with my thumbs.

" What just happened? " Sierra asked me, scaring all the life out of me.

My eyes widened in horror when I heard her voice. I didn't even knew that she came in. I must've been so into the conversation that I just never noticed her come in.

" When did you come in? " I asked her in curiosity.

" A few seconds ago, " She replied with a shrug. " Now who was that and what happened? " She questioned me with a smile plastered on her face, wiggling her eyebrows.

I chuckled at her and decided to answer her questions.

" It was a girl who was having an anxiety attack. I got her to calm down and return back to normal and then I asked her if she was ok. She told me no and told me some of the reasons why. " I said.

" That isn't all. I heard some of it so continue with the story, mister. " She told me, giving me a look as in saying
' hurry up I'm waiting '.

" Well, um, after she told me that she was all alone and I said that she wasn't. Then, she said but I feel like it and I replied back by telling her that I'll be there for her. So next she asked me if we could talk again tomorrow at the same time and I agreed. That's the rest, because after I agreed she hung up. " I said.

Sierra just looked at me in awe.

" What was her name? " She asked me and right then and there I faced palmed and not mentally.

" Please tell me you got her name. " Sierra whined like a little four year old that doesn't get the Barbie doll that she wants at a store.

" I'm not going to lie to you. " I said, looking at her with a sheepish smile on my face.

She rolled her eyes and faced palmed herself.

" Seriously, Cam? You forgot to ask her what her name was? How dumb are you? " She asked me in disbelief.

" So dumb that I have all A's! " I said, giving her a wink.

" Whatever. Point is, your coming tomorrow? " She asked me.

I nodded my head.

" I'm not going to break my promise. " I said.

She nodded her head, smiling at me.