➳ Chapter 3

➳ Chapter 3

Jenna went into her room, banging into things left and right due to her shaking body and not-so-good balance in the moment. She was going as fast as she possibly could which wasn't very fast because her body was breaking down along with her mind. She had reached her room and went to look for her teddy bear that lied on her bed. Jenna grabbed it and pulled it close to her chest as she went back to the bathroom.

"I-I got something." She stuttered, still trying to get air.

In the moment, talking for her was like trying to run with two legs that had been shot several times. It seemed impossible.

"Okay, hold onto it and think of all the good things about it and you need to try and take deep breathes again." The mystery boy said into the phone.

She began to think of all the memories that the old ragged blue bear holds. She closed her eyes and began to try to get air into her lungs before it was too late. She was getting light headed and she knew that if she didn't get air into her soon then it would be over for her. As she thought of of all the memories with her bear, her favorite memory came to mind.

"Mommy!" Jenna's six year old self shouted for my mother as she was getting some snacks for the ride to her Aunt Debbie's house.

"Yes, honey?" Her mother, Annalise, asked, walking over to her daughter.

"Look at this big blue bear!" She said in awe.

"What about it?" Her mother asked, obviously not getting where the conversation was going.

"Can I please get it?" She asked, sticking out her bottom lip and doing the puppy dog eyes as her father would call it.

"Let's see how much it is first." She said, picking up the price tagging and looking at it.

Little Jenna leaned over Annalise, looking at the price despite not knowing how to read.

"Its only twenty five dollars, mom." She said.

"Yes, it is, honey. The thing is that money doesn't grow on trees, though." She said.

"Yes it does," She said, crossing her arms and making a sassy face while she leaned on her left hip, sticking her hip and butt out a little. "money is made out of paper and paper comes from wood which comes from trees. Therefore it does grow on tress."

Her mother just looked at her and chuckled. She then got down to Jenna's height and kissed her forehead.

"I'll only get you it this time, smarty pants." She said, making Jenna show Annalise her toothless smile.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you!" She said, hugging her mother and grabbing for the bear.

"Come on, mommy! Let's go show daddy my new bear!" She said with so much enthusiasm.

After a few seconds, Jenna got some air into her lungs, making her gasp. Soon enough her breathing slowed down and it wasn't all chopped up. It was back to normal. However, just because her panic attack was over didn't mean that all her horrible thoughts were. The events that happened just about half an hour ago made her cry though.