Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Jenna's
Point of View

Rubbing my eyes, I tiredly wake up with a loud yawn and terrible morning breath. I stumbled my way into my restroom, on the verge of screaming and crying once I saw my face. I had mascara and eyeliner down my cheeks along with tear stains. My lip stick was smudged and you could see a pimple that was starting to form on the lower left hand side of my face. I grabbed a wash cloth and put it under some hot water, bringing it to my ugly face that was covered with unwanted things. I rubbed off all of the makeup, only making my face even more red and puffy than what it was.

 I sighed in frustration and walked over to my closet, grabbing a maroon crop top with high wasted jeggings. I straightened my hair and went back to my bathroom to put on some new makeup to make my face look at least somewhat better. I put on my concealer, foundation, lip gloss, mascara, eyeliner, and a little bit of eye shadow. I grabbed my phone, grabbed an army green jacket, and my headphones. I walked down stairs, thinking about getting an apple and deciding to eat one. I haven't had any food in the last four days, it was time for a little something. Anyways, I could always throw it back up later if I truly wish to. I put on a pair of brown boots, getting my book bag and keys to the house and my car.

I put on the song for him. by Troye Sivan. I tapped my hands to the beat as I drove to school, the place that I absolutely hated. Once I reached the school I got out of my car getting prepared for another day of hell which consisted of fake smiles, gossip, home work, and annoying people that I hate. I walked to my locker and saw that Gilinsky was standing there, waiting for me.

" Jack? " I questioned as I reached him.

I haven't talked to him since that one night.

" Hey, I was wondering if I could talk to you. " He asked with his puppy dog like eyes.

" Sure, get talking. " I said, opening up my locker to put my stuff away.

" No, like in private or when we aren't at school. " He said.

I sighed and itched my arm.

" Ok, swing by my house around 6:30 tonight. " I said, closing my locker, looking at Jack.

" Great! See you then! " He said with a smile, quickly kissing my cheek and running off before I could protest, hit him, or yell at him.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to math as the bell rang. I took a seat in my assigned chair, waiting for class to begin. I was looking at the door, seeing who was in this class, because I never really pay attention to people in this class. I then saw the girl that I had talked to at the mall.

" Madison! " I shouted across the room, her eyes landing on me, a sweet smile forming on her lips.

" Hey, Jenna. " She said.

" Sit by me today. If the teacher says anything then I'll talk to her. " I said with a smile on my face.

" Ok. " She said, shrugging her shoulders as she sat down next to me.

" I can't believe that I've never noticed you in this class before. " I said in disbelief.

Madison laughed, setting her book bag down, taking out her math binder.

" So how have you been since we last talked? I asked.

" Tired, but good. How about you? You been ok? " She asked me.

" Just peachy! " I lied.

" Are you sure? You seem like your being sarcastic. " She said.

I somewhat moved away from her when she said that. Its been a while since I was accused of my fake feelings.

" Yeah. I'm just a little tired that's all. " I said.

Just as she was about to reply back to me the teacher walked in, already getting stuff on the board and passing out papers.

" Pop quiz! " She said, handing us the paper that had 7 questions on it.

The class groaned and moaned about it being too early for this and how they'd rather die than take this quiz.

Well looks like there's a whole club.