Step Six

My phone hasn't stopped vibrating since I left our- her apartment. I've never felt this down in so long. Regret is eating me alive with every step. I miss her so much, and I just left her to be broken two minutes ago. I never will find love again, will I?

-one week later-

The sun crept through my hotel room's blinds. To be honest, I haven't left the bed since I got here. I haven't showered, looked at my phone, talked to my friends, nothing. Well, I wouldn't say nothing. The most I'd do is call room service, and each time the came, the more they tried to get me out of bed. But they don't know what I did. I deserve to be in hell after what I did to her.

I stared at the pale white walls of the room, trying to think of anything. Anything but her. But it's impossible. She was my world, my star, my light.

The depressing thoughts were broken because of the mumbling behind the door. The mumbling ceased, and then there was a knocking on the door. I groaned something that sounded like "come in", but it sounded inhuman. I didn't even bother to know who it was.

"Hey, Pat? How you doin' buddy?" I heard over the creak of the door. Nothing came out of my mouth. I felt like something would come out, but nothing did; so I just curled tighter into a ball.

I felt a hand rubbing my back soothingly, and right then I knew who it was. It was Andy, the mama bear of the band. I instantly felt a little better knowing he was there with me. My face pushed deeper into the pillows, not really wanting any human contact.

"The other guys wanted to come, too, if you were wondering... We're worried about you, Patrick... Even Y/N is..." As soon as her name left his mouth, my body tensed and I knew he could feel it. "She's scared, confused, and broken, dude... She doesn't know what she wants anymore, but I know she wants to see you." Andy patted my back, and walked over so he could see part of my face. I looked up at his grayish blue eyes, asking him to say more. More about her, and how she is. But he didn't.

"Come on man, let's get you in the shower and changed. We're going to see Y/N in a few hours at least." Andy told me, pulling both of my arms up so I was partially sitting up. I just looked at him with a lost look, and he smiled brightly at me. Sighing, I grabbed some clothes and did what he told me to do.
--At her apartment--
Andy literally dragged me up the stairs to see her. He stopped and let go right in front of my old home. My eyes slowly found their way to his, making sure this was a good idea. His lips spread across his face, his tattooed hand knocking on the door.

"Y/N! It's Andy!" He called out to her. My ears perked up when I heard soft shuffling behind the door. The pale brown door slowly squeaked open, revealing Y/N, he hair matted and her clothes visibly dirty. Her soft e/c eyes scanned Andy and then made their way over to me. I could see them light up for a second and then go dull. She sighed, motioning us to come in.

I didn't even get more than a foot inside before I started apologizing again, but she held her hand up. A faint smile tugged her lips. Her sad eyes stared into mine, trying to find the right words to say.

"Patrick... I don't want you out of my life... Not just yet... Yes, I'm breaking up with you permanently, but... I still want you to live here. This is your home, I shouldn't take it. I'll leave when I'm ready," she told me sincerely. She looked so broken telling me that, I wish I wasn't the one that caused it...

"A-are you sure, Y/N? He could always live with me until you move out," Andy suggested. He really doesn't want her to hurt anymore, and neither do I, but... I can see he cares for her. Only trying to look out for her.

Y/N nodded her head, not wanting to change her mind. "I can't be hung up on him forever, no matter how much I love him. I feel like if I see him being his own person in front of me, I'll move on sooner, you know? Don't make me regret my decision, Stump... Please don't hurt me more..." She whispered, almost on the verge of tears again.

"Y/N... I don't want to see you in pain anymore... I'll do anything to help..." I told her sincerely. Even if I can't be with her the rest of my life, I still want to see her happy, especially with someone who won't break her.

She smiled at me, and slowly walked towards me. Her small arms wrapped themselves around me lightly, and I returned the gesture. I'm happy she's trying to fix herself.

--Eight Months Later--

"Well, that's the last of my stuff, 'Trick," he called to me from the door. She finally moved on from me, and found someone better than me. It hurts but... I brought this on myself. I jogged over to her, and tackled her into a hug.

"I'm really gonna miss you, Y/N... I'm really sorry about all of what happened," I whispered in her ear. A light chuckle sounded from her, struggling out of my grasp. She extended her hand to my cheek and stared into my eyes.

"I know you are. Thanks for the adventure. I mean... Thanks for the memories." She kissed my cheek and turned out the door, looking back to give me a wave. I lifted my hand to wave back, but the door was already closed. There she went, out of my life for good now. She's the best worst things that's ever happened to me, and I wish she didn't have to leave.

BAM!! LOOK AT THAT ENDUNG THERE! YES SIR THATS AN ENDING! Hope you liked it, because that's the official ending to it!

Love you guys!

-Dawn~