She's Not...

It's hard to go on in life without the person you love; The person you would do anything for, like take a bullet for them. Only... I can't. They're gone... If only I was the one to go to the store that day, then I would be the one who...

Their side of the bed is always empty now. I don't plan on finding someone new because they were the only one for me. Like a soulmate I guess you could say.

Not a day goes by that I don't remember them. Everything I do, say, see.... it all reminds me of them. Even our daughter, Hurley.

Hurley has their eyes, and their colored hair. Almost all of his features remind me of them. Her laugh is almost the same as theirs. Even if they did name her after Andy, I'm still reminded of them whenever I hear her name.
----
I stared at the empty side of the bed, thinking of ways I could have stopped this from happening. How anything could have stopped it. How I just about broke the wedding vows we said to each other.

I told them I would save them from anything. That I'd pull them out of every tough spot, and protect them from harm.... Heh, I did break them, didn't I?

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the small figure standing in the door way. Hurley quietly walked through the opening, pushing the door open a little. Her eyes were almost closed and she was stumbling her way to me. I grinned at my daughter, picking her up and putting her on my lap. She rested her head on my shoulder and wrapped her small hands around a few of my fingers.

"Daddy... When is Mommy coming home?" Hurley sleepily asked me, trying to stay awake for an answer.

My heart shattered when I heard to words escape from her lips. How am I supposed to tell my 5 year old daughter that she's not gonna grow up with a mom? That she won't be able to do anything with her again. Tears stung the back of my eyes and I released a shaky breath before I answered her.

"She's not, Princess..."

"But I miss mommy... won't she come home for me?" She replied, tilting her head upward. I looked down into my daughters eyes, tears threatening to escape from them.

"Mommy will come home... when she's done helping God.. Okay, princess?" Hurley nodded her head a little bit as she moved closer into me. "You wanna sleep with daddy tonight?" Another nod. "Okay. Goodnight, Sweetie."

I got up and moved around to the other side of the bed with Hurley in my arms. I placed her down in the spot her mother would normally be. I brought the blankets up to her chin and kissed her forehead before moving back over to my side of the bed.

I don't know how I'm gonna last without them...

OKAY I REALLY WANT TO WRITE PARENT PATRICK SRUFF BUT I HAVE NO IDEAS. PLEASE HELP ME!!! SEND IN STUFF TO SAVE ME FROM THIS!!