Finals

It's the first set of finals before summer break. No matter what anyone says or does, I'm going to have the greatest summer ever, rewarding myself with everything because of the hard school year. Everything bombarded me near the end, but I'm holding out to finish all my classes.

Although I'm excited to finish this year, I'm still sad that it's ending. One of the hardest classes I have, AP Micro/Macroeconomics, has the greatest teacher I would ever have. Mr. Stump. Stump is one of those people who's serious when we NEED to learn something in a time crunch, but still loves jokes and making fun of himself and other people(playfully). I'm one of those people he would pick on, and I loved it. We both would always poke fun at each other, but when it's time for us to be serious, we are.

Last semester, in Microeconomics, I was no where near good. I got 50's on every test, but I never gave up. Not once. Sure, I always thought about it, but never did. I never did because he never gave up on me, like most other people. He's proud of me. He respects me.

Now here I am, five months later, standing in front of the door to his classroom just before the first final starts. I never really got better in the class; I stayed at the C average. I got more help, though, so I could try and do much better, but I always forgot the information after. I looked over at my best friend who accompanied me to see him. I was giving him something because he never gave up, and I was thankful he never did. She smiled at me and we walked in.

"Hey, Stump!" I called over to him as we walked in. He looked away from his computer to look at us confused.

"Hey guys. What're you doing here?" Mr. Stump smiled his signature smile at us. In that moment, I forgot why I was there. I forgot about the cookies in my hands and I forgot how to speak. I didn't know what to do; before I could do anything, my friend helped me along.

"Y/N has something for you, and something to tell you."

"Oh? What is it?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me. My eyes dilated and my face heated up. I took a deep breath, and walked towards his desk.

"I-I made you some cookies as a-a thank you.." I stuttered out, earning a confused look on his face.

"Thank you for what?" I gulped and looked over at my friend, trying to communicate do I have to do this? She nodded her head for me to keep going.

"A, uh, thank you for never giving up me. I know you're proud of me for not giving up this entire time and respect me for it, but you're the reason I never wanted to give up. I didn't want to disappoint you. Not many people stay when someone has a problem. So... Thank you. I'll miss you being the best/worst teacher ever." I smirked at him, and handed him the small plastic container of cookies.

He looked at me, then the cookies and back at me. His eyes were watering, and a small smile crept across his face. It's as if time stood still in that moment. We stared at each other for what felt like an hour, smiles plastered on our faces. Then he set down the cookies, and got up from his swivel chair. He moved towards me and did something I didn't think he'd do. He brought me into a hug.

I saw my friend out of the corner of my eye. She wore the what the fuck is happening face, and that made me giggle a bit against Mr. Stump's chest. But I still returned the embrace. I loved this teacher to death. He is the best one ever, and I feel bad for whoever doesn't have him.

A few seconds later, he moved away from me, his hands on my shoulders, bending down just enough to look me in the eye. He bright blue orbs glistened with tears that wouldn't fall.

"Thank you for telling me that." His smile was wider than his face. He let go of my shoulders and patted my back. "I guess I'll miss you too. Don't be a stranger next year. I'll look forward to when you visit my class."

Just then, the 5 minute bell rang. My friend was still staring at us, a grin on her face. She monitored towards the door, and I nodded at her. I looked back to Mr. Stump, still with a wide smile on my face.

"Trust me. I won't be. I better see you in the halls."  Mr. Stump chuckled and went to sit back in his seat.

"Good luck on the rest of your finals, Y/N."

I nodded my head at him, and said my goodbyes. Me and my friend exited the room, talking about everything that just happened. From me freezing up to the hug he gave me. My smiled wouldn't go away. Mr. Stump is my favorite teacher, and I'm glad one of the last memories I'll have of being in his class was that.

So... I'm planning on giving my Micro/Macro teacher cookies at the end of next semester because he never has given up on me, and I love him for that. Seriously, if you're in a room with this guy for 10 minutes, you'd be able to see why everyone loves him. I'm really gonna miss him next year!

I know I said I would update til Christmas, but I really wanted to write what I hope will happen at the end of next semester.

-Dawwwn