Step Four: Drink A Little More

Patrick's POV

It's been around two weeks since the girl knocked sense into me. When she told me not to lie. But what did I do? I didn't listen, and now the truth is torturing me. I can barely sleep, and I can't focus on anything because of it. The guys have noticed I haven't been down to earth these few weeks, but they've never asked me why.

I walked out of the recording studio, after a very long day of working on the new album. My part in the album has been lacking, and I feel terrible because of it. I sighed, looking at the streets in front of the building. I need to relax... Stepping down from the stairs, I walked to my car, and drove off.

I parked in front of the same bar I was at two weeks ago. Hoping to God the same girl wasn't here, I got out of my car and walked inside the place. Music was blaring and drunk people were everywhere. I didn't pay attention to any of them; I didn't want to pay attention to any of them. Making my way through all of the people, slowly but surely, I got to the bar. The bartender immediately recognized me, and got me my drink.

I didn't stop at just one drink. I drank until I could just barely think straight. I'd say that I'm at my 6th one now, but I could care less. If it'll get my mind off of it, then I'm happy.

I put the cool glass of alcohol up to my lips, slowly drinking the liquid. Earlier, I felt the burning sensation of the drink go down my throat; but now I feel nothing. Only thing I felt was someone watching me, but I'm trying to concentrate more on my drink. Sadly, it didn't work. I felt the tap on my shoulder, and then hands spinning me around. It was the same short, red haired girl from before.

"I haven't seen you around in a few weeks, Patrick. I started thinking everything was cleared up, but since you're here, I guess it isn't." She told me, grabbing the seat next to me, ordering a drink for herself.

I looked at her for a second, then diverted my gaze onto my drink once more. Everything was quiet between us for a few minutes, until she spoke up again.

"You didn't tell her... Did you?"

Letting out a deep breath, I shook my head and looked at her. Her dark brown eyes were filled with disappointment and sadness for me.

"I couldn't tell her... I don't want her to get hurt more then she has in the past..." I told the girl slowly. She brought her drink up to her lips slowly, then slammed the glass down. Her head shook slowly, the grip on her glass tightening.

"Patrick. I told you not to lie to her. Lying makes it all worse. Now, she will get hurt WAY more than she has in the past. Were you even thinking at all?!" The girl yelled at me, getting a few faces to turn toward us with concern. She turned her head to everyone staring, and smiled the smile that tells everyone 'no need to be concerned'. But people should be. They should be concerned for my wellbeing.

The way the girl cares so deeply about this makes her seem irresistible to me. I swiftly took her hand, and ran out of the bar, straight to my car. Opening the door to the car, I gently ushered her inside, then ran to the other side to get in.

Once seated in the front seat, she looked at me with shock. Why shocked? I'm to turned on to ask. The key in the ignition turned, and the next thing I knew, we were right in front of her apartment once more. (People, never drink and drive.) I dragged her out of the car, and raced upstairs with her, her arm in my hand. She didn't resist. It's all going so fast, I've lost all control of myself. Right when we got to her door, she yanked her arm back, her eyes filled with fury.

"Patrick, what the hell is wrong with you?!" She yelled at me right in my face. "Are you really willing to make the entire situation worse by fucking me a second time?! Being drunk off your ass doesn't give you an excuse for cheating! You need to set your priorities straight, Pat, because if you don't, you'll never find the love you once had again. No one loves a cheater, dude." She walked right past me to her door and unlocked it. She looked back at me and said "Stop lyin' to her and tell the damn truth already." Then the door slammed.

I was left standing outside her door, regretting every single decision I made, and regretting everything. Tears wavered in my eyes while her words played over and over again in my head.

You'll never find the love you once had again.

Sure, I've made a lot of mistakes in my life time, but this one... This one was the worst. I slowly nodded my head, my lips forming a straight line, and walked off back to my car.

It's time to run dry and tell the truth.