Mr. Stump

Thanks so much to Stumphalicious for another request! Sorry this took so long to do, but I've literally had no time to do anything lately. :/ But I hope you enjoy this.

My finger tapped the pencil rhythmically, my head resting on my other hand. The kids around me were talking about what ever Mr. Stump told them to discuss. Honestly, everything was just background noise to what was going on in my head. I didn't think it could get worse, but it did.

"Y/N! Hey! Could you please tell us the conclusion you were brought to?" Mr. Stump interrupted my thoughts. I looked up at him with a cold stare, and as soon as I met his eyes, I redirected them back to the pencil. "Excuse me, Y/N. Please give us your conclusion."

"Just... Fuck off, will you?" I growled at him. The entire class erupted in gasps and laughter at my words. Mr. Stump seemed taken back by my words, but pressed forward;

"Now, Y/N. That's not way to speak to me. All I want is your conclusion," he asked me softly, staring down at me. The grip on my pencil tightened, and my stare met his once more.

"I don't give two shits about what you want. Leave me the fuck alone."

His eyebrows furrowed and his head shook in what I think was disappointment.

"See me after class, Y/N." He told me before he went to someone else for the answer, but everyone was talking about what just happened. No one was listening to him, and I could see him getting madder and madder. Before I knew it, he slammed his hand on his desk, making everyone jump and look in fear at him. He smiled before he said,

"Now then, I need an answer."

-After the class ends-

I watched as all the students filed out of the classroom, leaving only me and Mr. Stump. As soon as the last person was out of the room, he got up to close the door, and made his way over to me slowly. I didn't look up at him ice her was in front of me. All I did was continue playing with my pencil.

"Is everything alright, Y/N? As far as I know, that was your only outburst like that. You doing okay?" I didn't answer him. He breathed in deeply before he tried again. "Y/N, I will get you to tell me what's wrong no matter what; it's better if you just tell me now," he told me softly, crouching down so he was eye level with me.

Tears stung the back of my eyes remembering this past week. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying, like I did everyday this week. I shook my head and turned my head away from his.

"You wouldn't understand..." I whispered, putting my head into my crossed arms. He scoffed at me, making me glare at him. "You. Wouldn't. Under. Stand." I repeated in a stronger tone.

"I can try, can't I?" He smiled his signature smile that all the girls and teachers swooned over. I sighed in defeat, knowing he actually wouldn't stop until he got answer.

"It's my parents," I said slowly, looking toward him for some reaction. He looked at me with concern, his head nodded for me to go on. "They don't understand that I need a break from school. It's all getting to me. It's all getting harder and harder, and I'm not understanding any of it, but they still tell me to study. They tell me to study something I have no clue what the words are trying to explain.

"My dad yelled at me last night when he got home from work because I wasn't studying. I just can't do it anymore. One word I read from another subject, and my brain will literally give out. In every class this week, it felt like it was being compressed by walls; kinda like those booby traps you see in T.V shows.

"I don't know what to do anymore, Mr. Stump... It feels like my parents don't know a thing about any kind of mental illness. I feel like I have ADHD some times because I can't stay focused in class, but they can't see that. They think fucking sleep is my problem. I can't take their blindness to real problems. If this was one of my brothers, they'd actually do something about it. But it's me. They couldn't give any shits about me... I need help, Stump..."

When I finished, I realized my vision was blurry with tears. My face was all wet, and my desk looked like it had a lake on it. Mr. Stump seemed surprised at my explanation; Probably because it was such a long one. Before I could even comprehend what was happening, I felt arms around me.

Mr. Stump brought me into a tight hug. I felt like all my problems would be solved because of his embrace. I smiled a little bit and buried my head into his shoulder, continuing to cry. He rubbed my back, and tried to calm me down.

"It's okay, Y/N. I will help you in any way I can. You're a strong human being. You'll get through this, and know if anything is wrong. I will be there every step of the way if you want me to. I know I'm your teacher and all, but you're almost like my child to me. I want to see you okay, and not broken like this," Mr. Stump whispered softly into my ear. His arms tightened around me, and I couldn't help but return the gesture.

Mr. Stump actually does understand. I feel as though everything will be alright now.

Sorry if this isn't really the problem you had in my, but this recently happened to me(and when I say recently I mean basically last night) and I thought it fit pretty well with your prompt. But I really hoped you liked it! And I'm sorry I haven't really be updating everything or anything. I've had no time to concentrate on anything.... Sorry... I don't k or how much time I'll have now, now that I have to study for one of my classes a lot more.

Anyway, enough about my problems! Hope you liked it, and do good in school! No matter how much you hate it!