Step Three: Pretend You Don't Remember

Patrick's POV

What have I freaking done... The love of my life is gonna get hurt, and me... Oh I'll be miserable with myself for the rest of my life.

I shook my head in my hands, whispering 'no' over and over. I felt my hands get wet with my tears, letting out shaky breaths very few seconds. What did I do to my life? There was a stir behind me, and then a hand on my shoulder. I peeked out from my hands to see my loving wife with concerned eyes and a soft smile on her face.

"Babe, are you okay? What's wrong?"

Don't lie to her.

The girls voice echoed in my mind while I looked at Y/N. Her eyes are glistening with care and love for me. The look she's giving me is making me feel worse and worse by the second. I shook my head, and buried it deeper into my hands, letting a few sobs come out

"Is your hangover that bad? I can leave you in bed and get some pain relievers, if you want?" She asked me in her sweet soft voice. I lifted my head out of my hands, staring blankly in front of me. She nudged me a few minutes later for a response. I shook my head, not being able to look at her beauty.

"Oh, alright. But, can I ask you something?" I stayed silent, waiting for her to go on. "Why have you been coming home drunk off your ass every night this week? What the hell are you doing?" She asked in a more serious tone. My eyes widened at her question, but I quickly shut them incase she saw them dilate.

Lying will only make the entire situation worse.

I shook my head, not answering her right away.

"I.. I can't remember..." I mumbled out, just loud enough for her to hear. She sighed in annoyance, moving closer to me on the bed.

"Why don't I believe you... You must remember somethi-"

"It's like you said, Y/N. I've been coming home drunk off my ass, how am I supposed to remember anything?" I cut her off before she could finish her sentence. She froze at me replying with such a tone, and I immediately regretted saying something. "I'm sorry, Ma Cherí. I didn't mean to say it like that... I guess this hangover is pretty bad..." I chuckled, looking over to her for some sort of forgiveness. She smiled, and made her way off the bed.

"It's fine Patty. From these past years with you, I've seen that pain gets to you. But anyway, I'm gonna get you some pain relievers." She said before exiting out bedroom.

I stared at the place where I last saw her for minutes after she left. I'm digging the hole deeper and deeper each time I lie to her. I should have told her like that girl told me to... But now, it's just gonna be worse and she'll never love me again.