Jet Pack Blues P.2

I ran for an hour, not caring where I ended up. The sky was shrouded with rain clouds. What a great a time to rain.

The pain I feel is unbearable. Weak. That's what you are. You can't even keep one person with you. The voices in my head bombarded me every second I walked. During my time with Patrick, the voices never attacked me. They never tried either because they knew they wouldn't get to me because I was finally happy.

I came to a stop when I approached a park. A resting place for the time being. Im not gonna stop running from him any time soon. Not until I'm far away from him. I sat down on a bench near the middle of the park. My head fell into my heads, getting wet from the tears still staining my cheeks and the rain falling onto me softly.

My phone has been going off nonstop since about ten minutes at least after I left. I knew it was Patrick. I knew he was gonna come looking for me. I knew he wouldn't stop until he found me.

The rain started falling even harder not long after I sat down. My mom always told me on bad rainy days, that when it rains the sky was crying. Trying to cleanse it's self and the earth of all the bad things. Maybe that's why it suddenly started raining. The sky was just trying to help me get through this.

Rain started flooding the sidewalk in minutes. I sighed not wanting to move from my spot on the bench, but I had to. I didn't want to get a fever while looking a place to stay.

I slowly started walking towards the small coffee shop on the corner. Aside from the rain violently hitting me and the ground, I heard something else. Yelling. I turned around to see Patrick running around the entrance of the park. The yelling was coming from him. He kept screaming something that sounded like 'baby, come home'. No. I won't.

I walked over behind a tree to watch him. His long black coat was soaked. His yelling turned into whimpers. I could barely make out the distressed loon on his face. I frowned at the sight of it. He deserved me leaving for what he did, right?

His head started looking in every direction. I watched him until he caught sight of my eyes. My stomach churned and my breathing hitched in throat. Before he could call me name, I ran. Ran again from the man I used to call the love of my life. I ran from the man screaming my name, wanting me back. I bolted down the street, twisting and turning, dodging cars and people until, finally, I lost sight of him and him of me.