It Hurts

It was nearing the end of summer after graduation when it happened. All the graduation parties were finished, and soon we were going to be starting High School soon. Honestly, it was probably the best summer I've had, and I still think so.

That summer was when I had and lost love. It was an emotional roller coaster that I loved to be on, until it went wrong. For an entire month, the crush I had for 2 years, kept telling me he loved me, that he didn't know what'd he do without me. Every night, he'd say he loved me, and I didn't get tired of hearing it. My friends kept telling me that summer love never lasts. One of those friends was Patrick Stump.

Anyway, that month was the best one of my life. But, suddenly, it all changed. He stopped texting me every night, and telling me he loved me. I asked him why this was, and what he said started to break me. He started thinking about the future, and the fact we'll barely see each other anymore. That he didn't know if he loved me anymore.

Fast forward to the first week of school. We went to different schools because of the distance between us. I just walked into my house after school when he told me.

'I don't think I love you anymore... I think I'm starting to like someone else. I'm sorry...'

I was never the same when he told me that.

--- 2 years later---

Patrick sat next to me on the roof of his house, the place we usually went to when we needed to clear out mind. I always think about him every so often, and today was one of those days I did. I'm pretty sure Patrick knew something was on my mind, so he brought me out here. He didn't force me to talk; He never does.

I sighed looking over to him. His face deep in thought as the cool fall breeze blew the hair out of his face. The corner of my lips perked up for a second, then fell as soon as I remembered him. I looked away from Patrick, closing my eyes.

"It never stops hurting... Does it?" I murmured. Patrick turned his head to look a me, a concerned look in his blue eyes.

"What?"

I chuckled at his response. It was a sad laughter. Anything with and concerning him just gets me down. I looked over to meet his concerned gaze before I responded.

"Giving someone the best of you and seeing them chose someone else..."

Patrick didn't respond. He just moved closer to me, bring me to his chest. His embrace triggered something in me. The emotions I bottled up since he said those words to me, were released. Tears fell down my face like a waterfall for several minutes. But when the tears stopped falling, Patrick rubbed my arm up and down, and cleared his throat.

"I've been told a few times by different people that you'll never forget your first love, and you'll never stop loving them. You'll always remember the good times more than the bad, but don't forget that there were indeed bad times. From what you told me those years you loved him, it sounded like there was more bad than good. It hurt me to know you loved a guy like him. He never deserved you.

"He didn't trust you when you told him you didn't tell Y/F/N his secret. He ignored you for an entire week, but I'm pretty sure it was longer. He asked you for shirtless pictures multiple times, even though you said no. He's played with your feelings multiple times, and every time you go back to him, you get hurt even more. Sure he loved you, but he only texted you those words. He probably didn't even mean them, Y/N. But, please believe me when I say those words."

I looked at Patrick with a confused look. He looked back at me, and a smile crept on his face. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips multiple times. My eyes widened as he started to lean in. He stopped leaning towards my face, looking me directly in my eyes. I understood what he wanted. My consent. I smiled, closing the gap between us, connecting our lips.

The kiss didn't last long before he pulled back. Patrick took my hands and looked directly into my eyes.

"I love you, Y/N. Believe me."

"I believe you. I love you, too."

So I saw a quote, and it inspired me and reminded me of him. Him is Cody, someone I mentioned in an earlier imagine. I'm pretty sure a few of you wanted to know the story of Cody, and this is basically a summary. Everything in this imagine happened between me and him, except for the Patrick part. I never had a Patrick who told me he loved me after everything happened...

I'm not hung up on him anymore, so don't worry. The only thing between the two of us is just a friendship that we both agreed on, mostly because he didn't wanna lose me as a friend. I have no feeling for him anymore, so it's all good.

Thanks you so so much for reading. I love all of you so much!

-Dawn~