Umm... Oops? P.1

You held the stick that decided our faith in your hand. Would it turn out positive? If it does, how will Patrick react? What about your parents? Both of your parents were never, even a little bit, fond of sexual relations before marriage, and never liked those teens getting pregnant at 16. You weren't 16, but 25. And you were not married. You and your boyfriend, Patrick, have been together for 3 years, neither of you wanting to rush things.

The time was about up. You took a deep breath, closed your eyes, and tried to forget about everything that could happen. You slowly opened your eyes, and help up the pregnancy test you took minutes before. Positive. Tears formed in your eyes. You were gonna be a mother. You smiled at all the thoughts you had for the future.

You got up from your seat on the closed toilet, and threw out the test. Smiling to yourself, you walked out of your bathroom, and made your way towards the living room. Half way towards your destination, you froze in your tracks. Your parents. God, what were they gonna say about this. Would it be better to tell them with or without Patrick? You went with your gut feeling, picked up your phone, and dialed the number you've know by heart since a child.

One ring. Two rings... You started getting extremely nervous think about every single thing your mother will say to you. You put your hand to your stomach and smiled. Nothing will make you get rid of the developing child within you. On the fourth ring, she picked up.

"H-hey mom" you stuttered, trying to mask your nervousness, and obviously failing.

"Hello, sweetie. Are you okay? You never call out of the blue." Your mother questioned.

"Uh... I actually have something to tell you, that you may not like..."

"Well... Go on and say it honey." There's no going back now. It's now or never.

"Mom... I'm pregnant." You said slowly, releasing the breath you didn't know you were holding. The line went silent. You bit your lip and paced around the hallways nervously. This was not going to end well, and you could already tell.

You've been yelling at your mother over the phone for about a half an hour. You didn't even hear the door open and close, or the foot steps that were coming up behind you.

"Mom, I don't care what you think about this. Disown me if you want. I'm keeping this child. I'm going to raise it with Patrick, and you can't stop me. Now if you don't accept us having this child, then don't invite us for holidays!" You hung up the phone before your mother could retaliate with something else. You whipped your phone at the couch, not caring if it broke. Tears were coming down your cheeks and they weren't gonna stop anytime soon. You didn't exactly expect your mom to be this against what you were doing.

Keys were dropped behind you, and you froze. You slowly turned around to see Patrick, on the verge of tears. You weren't able to tell if they were happy tears or not. You couldn't even ask him before he ran out the door, not looking back. Your heart dropped as you heard Patrick's car pull away.

The rest of the night, you thought of what happened. You didn't know why Patrick was crying or why he left. Did he hear you yelling at your mother? If he did, why would he run off? You pondered all of the terrible things that could happen now. Tears fell from your eyes even harder now. Did you just loose the only person you love?

---

Hello my friends! I'm terrible for making this a cliff hanger aren't I? I really felt like this would be a good one to be a two parter is all. Please don't hate me for this! I'll have the next part done soon!

Thank you for reading!

-Dawn