Cause Baby It's Cold

The weather outside has been pretty bad the past few days with below zero temperatures and short, but fierce, blizzards. Your office decided to give your department time off until this weather cleared up, and you were glad they did. There was almost a foot and a half of snow outside, and you didn't want to shovel your car out of all it.

You were on your couch, wrapped up in a cocoon of the only blanket you had in your apartment. The only thing really on at 1pm was reruns of your favorite show. Your favorite episode was on, and your favorite part was coming up, when the unexpected happened. The power went out.

You started blankly in the darkness before you groaned. With the power out, the heater won't be on, and if the heaters not on, you'll soon be freezing in your apartment. Without moving an inch, you decided to wait out the power outage, incase it came back on within ten minutes.

It's been over an hour, and the power wasn't back yet. You were shivering your ass off, even with your winter coat and a blanket over you. With the entire apartment having no power, that means your neighbor, Patrick, is probably freezing, too. Grinning, you got up and made your way to his apartment with your blanket dropped over you.

You knocked the 'secret' knock you and Patrick made, just so the two of you knew who it was right away. You stepped away from the door, and rocked back and forth on your feet. Within a minute, Patrick opened his door, with only his hoodie and sweat pants on. He smiled at you, and you looked in shock at him.

"How are you only wearing that, Stump?" You questioned him as he ushered you inside. You turned around to see him chuckle with a shrug of the shoulders. You rolled your eyes at his response, and made your way to his couch.

Patrick's couch had all of his blankets, laid out into a nest, with one thrown astray. He must have been using that one to cover himself up, seeing as how it looked like the thickest. You gazed in awe at how many blankets Patrick had. He grabbed your hand and led you over to the little nest.

"Did you come here to get warm?" He asked as he let go of your hand and sat in his nest. You blushed at him and nodded your head. Patrick laughed, and held his arms out for you to come to him. All you did was stand there, looking at his arms the to his eyes then back. "Well? Are you going to join me, or is this phoenix gonna be alone?" You chuckled before walking over to his arms.

He grabbed you, and swept you off your feet, into his lap. You flushed a deep red at Patrick's actions. Patrick tightened his embrace and laid the two of you down. He let one of his arms go of you, to grab the blanket that was thrown astray before. Placing the blanket over the two of you, he returned his arm to it's original position and buried his head into the back of your neck.

The two of you didn't move at all. Both of you just stayed in your positions, enjoying one another company. Neither of you spoke a word, enjoying the sound of the wind blowing the snow outside. At this point, you didn't care when the power came back on. It could be in the next day, or week and you'd still be with Patrick, keeping warm.

Your legs were intertwined with his, and your breathing was in sync. You started getting drowsy and your eyes lids heavy. The last thing you heard before you drifted to sleep were Patrick's soft snores coming from behind you.
-----

A/N: Hello my friends! This one I tried to make as cute as possible, and personally, I think I achieved it. I have my best friend read these before I post them(since all of these have been pre written so far) and I think she's gonna die with this one, like I hope you did too! I'm still a bit new to writing these things, so I hope it at least did something to you.

Anyway, thank you for reading!

-Dawn (: