Please Forgive Me P.2

When I left the house, I didn't know where the hell I was going. Honestly, I was thinking about hitch hiking to a different town to leave my past behind, but I couldn't leave my family. Even right now, I still love them.

After awhile, I ended up at the small pond in the park, not to far from home. It's been awhile since I've been here with anyone. Hopefully, Patrick doesn't come here to find me; I don't want to talk to him right now, even if he is my husband.

I walked over to the small shore line of the pond and sat down. The moon light reflected off of the water, making it glisten. The plants around the pond lit up from the reflecting light. Small ripples in the water from the fish are barely visible. The scenery in front of me almost looks like a photo.

After awhile, I started to here people behind me, or somewhere near me. It might be people or just one person, I can't tell. It sounds like yelling and stuttering, or they kept getting cut off. The sound kept getting closer and closer, until it abruptly stopped. The peace in the pond area had finally returned, and it felt nice to finally be in the silence of the night.

"Hey, mom..." A soft voice croaked from behind me. " Can I sit with you?" I nodded and scooted over for my daughter to sit next to me.

There was a long silence between the two of us. I didn't know how to start or what to say to Hurley after what happened. Maybe she felt the same way. But, what can you say after your husband sees your daughter having sex, and then later blurts out something without thinking? There's not much to say except-

"What did dad mean? About not ending up like you?" Hurley broke the long silence. Tears brimmed in my eyes as I remembered my high school years. I shook my head and lowered it to my knees, the days that changed my life flashing before my eyes, but one stood out in particular.
----
"What do you mean you're pregnant?!? Y/N! You're 17! What are you thinking!" My father yelled at me while my mother sat in the corner of the couch, gasping for air.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks while I held the stick that's ruining my life. I want to have this child but... How would I be able to raise it?

"I was thinking about keeping it, dad..." I told my father, who at this point was infuriated with me. As soon as those words left my mouth, he started cursing and yelling at me because of what I want.

"You're not keeping that disgrace that's forming inside you! You can't raise it!"
----
"It was long before you were born, Hurley. I was, I guess you could say, the slut of the school. I was blowing guys and fûcking them for money. My boyfriend at the time... I don't think he really cared, as long as I had time for him. You're father and I were best friends then, and he warned me countless times to stop doing what I was doing, but I didn't listen.

"That boyfriend... Well, he ended up getting me pregnant. You had an older sibling, Hurley, but my parents didn't want me going through pregnancy so early... They forced me to abort the child within me. I'll never know if it was the right decision to do so." I confessed, looking over to Hurley to see her reaction. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes were watering. She turned to face me and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, mom..." Hurley uttered into my ear.

"So am I." A new voice chimed into our conversation. I looked behind us to see Patrick feet away. His shirt he wore to dinner was unbuttoned and untucked, his hair a mess, and his fedora was missing. He ran over to me and Hurley, wrapping his arms around the both of us, whispering I'm sorry over and over again.

"Patrick, it's fine, really," I cooed. His head snapped up to look at me, his eyes softening.

"Y/N, it's not. I sounded like I was disappointed in you and didn't actually care for your feelings. I love you, and nothing can change that. I'm so sorry I said what I did, but-"

"Patty, I understand. You didn't want history to repeat itself. I get it," I smiled to my husband. He leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on my forehead, and proceeded to do the same to our daughter. Hurley let out a giggle and looked up at us.

"So what now?" She questioned, looking back and forth between me and Patrick. I looked over to him, and nodded for him to say what we were both thinking. He grinned and looked down to Hurley.

"You, young lady, are grounded for the rest of the week. And please, never do that again until you're sure you found the right one, okay?"

"Okay, understandable. Thank you for looking out for me."

I don't really like the ending to this, but it's all I can think of right now.

I don't know how much I will be updating, right now. My uncle just lost an 8 year fight with cancer on his own terms, and it's just starting to hit me now. I'm very proud and honored to be able to call himself uncle, and just happy he's finally not in pain anymore.

His motto was "Today Matters" because he didn't know how much time he'd have left, and lived each day of those 8 long years like it was his last. He'd post those two words on Facebook to remind himself and everyone else that it could be our last day alive. It's hard to see a great man and hero go, but he'd want me and my family to keep going, and live everyday like it was our last. My only wish is that I got to know him better and wasn't such a shy asshole when I'd see my family....

I hope you guys can take his words to heart. I'm sure he'd like it.

Thank you guys so very much for reading my imagines; you have no idea how much it means to me that all of you take the time to read them. I can't say thank you enough. <3

Remember, Today Matters. I love you all.

-Dawn~