Three AM

"Hey, Patrick," I said as I hovered over his face as he was sleeping. Every time I called him, he would not wake up. After about 10 minutes of calling his name, trying to wake him up, I decided to take it to extreme measures

SMACK!

My hand swept across his face with great force. I moved out of the way before he shot up out of bed, holding the area of his face where I slapped him. He looked around the room terrified before he met my eyes. Rage and confusion filled his blue eyes as he glared at me.

"What the hell, Y/N?! Why the hell did you slap me?!" His voice was deep and filled with annoyance.

"To wake you up, duh" I pushed his head back slightly for a little bit of emphasis. Patrick kept glaring daggers at me while I smiled brightly at him.

"It's 3 am, Y/N. Why?"

"Oh you know. We're out of chips. I can't drive. You can drive. So I thought 'Late Night Store Run With The Most Amazing Person In The World, Patrick'. Now come on lazy butt." I tugged on his arm as he stared at me unamused. He wouldn't budge no matter how hard I pulled.

After awhile, he began to chuckle and ripped his arm way from me. He looked me in the eye, giving me a look that asked if we were really doing this. I closed my eyes and nodded yes before he got up out of bed to get his shoes and keys. I jumped up from his bed, following him out of the front door.

At the local 24 hour store.

"I can't believe you dragged me to the store at three am" Patrick sighed as he grabbed a cart for the food we would buy. When we arrived at the store, I was starting to feel a bit tired from being up for awhile. I looked over to Patrick sleepily and he nodded to me to do what I was thinking. I grinned at him as I fumbled into the cart.

"Well Stump, I could be asleep right now, so I don't need your sass."

"I was asleep." Patrick flicked my forehead before walking into the store.

The lights were bright. To bright for me to handle. I shielded my eyes from the bright ceiling lights. I could feel Patrick's eyes watching me as he walked to the chips aisle.

I looked at the vast selection of chips to figure out which one I would be in the mood for. I spotted the Honey Barbecue chips and my eyes widened. As I leaned over the side of the cart to get them, my hand was slapped away from them. Whipping my head around to glare at the person who did this, I see Patrick shaking his head and waving his finger at me.

" Since you woke me up to come here, I get to pick the chips this time. Besides, I hate barbecue." He patted my head and moseyed his way over to the Salt and Vinegar chips and Garlic Bread bags o' chips.

I cringed at his second choice of chips. How can he stand the taste of the Garlic Bread ones? I understand the salt and vinegar since we both enjoy it, but garlic bread? Really? Patrick dropped the two bags in front of me in the cart and pushed forward. We spent the next hour going around the store, gathering snacks for our apartment, with me still in the cart.

I think I ended up falling asleep during our store run because I can't remember half of it. All I remember is the chips and ending up exploding a few bottles of Pepsi, which we had to clean up and pay for. And that was just about it. The next thing I knew, I was in my bed on top of the covers. I smiled to myself, thinking about how I was the person who wanted to go in the first place and couldn't even stay awake.

As I laid cuddled into my pillows, my phone vibrated in my back pocket. I was startled by the sudden vibration and confused on who could have set it off. When I pulled out my phone and opened it, I saw two of the most cute and heartfelt things I've ever seen.

First was a notification from Twitter, telling me that Patrick posted something. He posted a picture of me in the cart full of food, with the caption "This adorable butt dragged me out and ended up falling asleep." The other thing was, surprisingly, a text from Patrick. Why he couldn't just tell me in person, I don't know. His message read:
Sweet dreams my dear princess. When you wake up, the world will come around. I love you with everything I have in me, and even we are just really close friends, you shall always be my number one and my princess. See you in the morning. Good night.