"You ruined it Anju, what did I tell you? I told you to just text the address that's it but you didn't do it, instead you entered my house without my knowledge and spoiled my surprise." said Rishab fuming.

"That...I'm sorry, I could have done as per your plan but I realized that you are entering this new house for the first time with your newly wedded wife so thought of doing aarthi before entering the house." explained Anjali scratching her neck.

"You spoiled my plan and why are you still here?" asked Rishab narrowing his eyes but still angry on her for messing up his plan.

"Don't shout Mr. Angry man, I just told your wife that you bought this house for her. I didn't revealed how and when you bought this right? Stop being angry on me and give a tour of this house to your wife" said Anjali hurriedly picking up her hand bag from the sofa.

"You" shouted Rishab and took a steps towards her.

"Bye Madhu, I will meet you later. Take care of your angry husband" shouted Anjali and rushed out of the main door giggling without giving a chance to Rishab to catch her.

Taking a deep breath, Rishab calmed himself and walked towards the main door to lock it. Madhu stood in her place not understanding their bickering completely and also she doesn't know whom to support.

She got few things from their conversation that Rishab has planned to surprise her with this house but Anjali spoiled his plan by revealing it beforehand. But what Madhu didn't understand is how and when Rishab bought this house? and how Anjali knew about this house and his surprise before herself?

Her mobile phone ping brought her out of her shock. She opened it and found a message from Anjali.

Seems like I disturbed his plan a little by staying in the house ;). Now that I left you two alone, tell him to continue with his plan and make him forget his anger by giving him a kiss or a hug ;) . Don't worry about this silly fight. If you like the arrangements in the house, he will defiantly forgive me for making slight changes in his plan. Enjoy ;) - Anju

Madhu read this message, an instant smile formed on her lips. Shaking her head, she looked up and found him in front of her with a dull face.

"Rishu" Madhu called him

"I thought of surprising you but ...." said Rishab and left the words unsaid.

"It's okay, I'm really surprised to see this house." said Madhu smiling and looked around the house.

"Really! Come, I will show you everything" said Rishab wrapping his arm around her waist, forgetting his earlier mood.

Madhu just nodded at him smiling seeing his mood change and let him lead her. It is a double bedroom individual house with a kitchen, dining room, small pooja room, living room, master bedroom and guest bedroom with a garden at the back side of the house. Everything in the house was arranged according to her taste.

"Everything is so perfect, Rishu" exclaimed Madhu looking around the house.

"Did you like it?"

"Like? No, I love it. Everything is arranged according to my taste" said Madhu looking at the color of walls and curtains with are her favorite colors. She then glanced at the aquarium which was present in living room and walked towards it excitedly.

"Wow, how do you know that I like to have an aquarium in the house?" asked Madhu surprised seeing the aquarium with different kind of small fishes in it.

" Anjali told me" said Rishab smiling seeing her excitement .

"How and when did you plan all this, Rishu?" asked Madhu with extreme joy.

"One month before our marriage, I started to invite all my friends to our wedding. I came to Pune to invite Anjali for the wedding at that time only she got to know that you were going to marry me. She was shocked at first and jumped in joy to know that her both best friends are getting married. I requested her not to reveal you anything about me being the groom. After a lot of pleading she agreed to it"

"So she knew about you being my fiancée just a month before our marriage?" asked Madhu shocked while Rishab nodded his head affirmatively.

"Later, in our discussion she told me that she heard from your manager that your project duration is going to extend for another 6 months or so and that you have to work after marriage too as you were the one who lead this team for the past one year. "

"So you got to know about this before my dad informing you?"

"Yeah, a day before only. The very next day we got a call from dad informing about this" said Rishab.

"Oh...."

"Anju also told me that you were trying for a relocation to Mumbai but will be attending meetings in Pune frequently as your whole team is working here . So at that time I bought this house for you as our wedding gift so that you can stay here whenever you visit Pune." said Rishab and looked at Madhu for a response but she just stared at him in 'awww'.

"so how is your wedding gift, sweet heart?" asked Rishab pulling Madhu into his arms and hugged her.

"Thank you so much, Rishu" said Madhu and hugged him tightly. Both of them stayed like that for few minutes.

"Rishu, when did you set all the furniture and other things in this house?" asked Madhu stepping away from the hug but still had his arms wrapped around her.

"When you got to know that you have to work from Pune a week before our marriage, Anjali informed me the very next minute."

"Really!"

"Yeah, Why do you think Anjali came a day before our wedding?" asked Rishab smiling naughtily at her while Madhu stared at him confusedly.

" I literally begged her to buy everything needed for the house and arrange everything according to your taste as I was forbidden to go to office a week before the marriage and also busy with other wedding preparations"

"Oh my god, is that why she lied to me that she has to meet another friend regarding some work and so couldn't come early to our wedding?"

"Yeah" said Rishab smiling.

"She acted like a spy all the while and helped you in everything" exclaimed Madhu with her mouth forming an O shape.

"I wanted to surprise you so I requested her to help me which I'm grateful for her." said Rishab laughing and closed her mouth.

"But you shouted at her" pointed Madhu indicating his behavior towards her few minutes back.

"That I was angry on her for revealing that I bought this house to surprise you" said Rishab making a sad face.

"You should apologize for your behavior"

"Yes boss, will do"

"Anyway, thanks a lot for your surprise Rishu, I really really loved it. " said Madhu and hugged him

"I'm glad, this is what I wanted to see your happiness " replied Rishab hugging her more close to his heart.

"But seriously, I didn't knew that so much was planned behind my back. You two friends are very good in keeping secrets" complained Madhu poking his chest with her finger still in his arms.

"I just wanted to surprise you and also the planning is all worthy, seeing your happiness." said Rishab smiling, caressing her cheek with his thumb while his other hand was wrapped around her waist.

*******************************************************************

Please vote and comment :)

A special thanks to new readers of this story.

-Veni