Part 14

" What do you mean?" i asked her confusedly.

"Because I never thought that you will have an arranged marriage. I mean you are smart, good looking and a nice guy. So many girls must have lost their hearts to you. You must have got many proposals from girls" told Madhu in a go and shut her eyes tightly realizing what she has just blurted.

" So you do think I am smart and handsome?" I asked her smirking.

"I don't know " she replied shyly.

" Come on Madhu, you can agree that your husband is handsome and smart." I replied grinning.

" Stop it and answer me na"

"Do you want me to tell you the truth?"

" yes.."

"First thing is i don't have any girl friends Madhu. I have friends who are mostly girls, that's all. Coming to your question, I was so angry on my parents when they told me about this proposal. But when I came to your house unexpectedly, I saw your photo and said yes to this marriage."

"If it was not me then what would have been your answer??"

"What do you think ?"

"How would I know ?You should answer that."

"OK, I wouldn't have agreed to this marriage if it wasn't you. Before you ask me why, the answer is simple that I like you and moreover my parents are very happy to make you their daughter-in-law." I replied honestly looking into her eyes. Hearing my reply she blushed so much that her cheeks turned to tomato red.

Oh god Madhu, you have no idea what you are doing to me right now. Seeing you blushing like that I want to kiss you badly. I should control myself as I know that she is not ready to take our relationship to next level. She first needs to understand me and she needs some time.

"After I agreed to this marriage, you too agreed. I was shocked that you agreed to this proposal even without seeing me. Then our parents decided to get us married soon but you got an onshore opportunity. I can imagine how hard you must have worked to get such an opportunity, I don't want you to sacrifice it for our marriage. So that's how we got married now."

"But you saw me before marriage but you never let me see you?" She accused me cutely.

" hey, did you forget I tried meeting you before marriage. All the time either me busy with my office work or you busy with visa formalities and other office related works."

"I asked my parents to get me a photo of yours , but did you forget that you denied giving it ??" she asked placing her hands on her hips.

"That is because I don't want to miss your expressions when you see me first time as your would be husband" i explained her.

" Is that the reason why you denied?? But you got that chance while tieying mangalsutr. You waited for so long to just see my expressions" she asked shocked.

" Yes. But when I saw you sitting beside me without looking at me. I couldn't control anymore, so I pinched you to make you look at me " I told her scratching my neck.

"Do you know, you almost gave a heart attack to me?? I didn't expected that you were the groom."

"I know. I tried to meet you after you came from London but you went to Pune immediately and then after that mom stopped me saying that the wedding rituals has started and is inauspicious to meet you before marriage. So i had no choice but to wait until this morning. But my wait is totally worthy." I replied grinning.

" You are crazy. Who will wait for so many months to just see my reaction?" she asked exasperated.

Yes, am crazy about you I thought in my mind seeing her and just smiled at her.