"B-But my parents," I cried, thinking back to their death. The deaths that still haunted me, over a century and a half on.

"You are nothing like Katherine, you were protecting yourself," Elijah spoke evenly, forcing me to listen to his words.

"The curse, I've activated the curse," I stammered out, still in a turmoil of panic.

"Niklaus still needs to break the curse, and if I have my way then that won't happen," Elijah said, staring into my eyes. "I'm going to take care of Niklaus, you don't need to worry about him. I will protect you, you know that."

I nodded and gulped in air, trying to calm myself down. "Now, stop being so silly," He laughed lightly and pulled me into a hug. I laughed, or tried to, as I hugged him back.

"Thank you," I smiled, pulling out of the hug to wipe my eyes.

"Now, are you going to be okay in the shower or do I need to assist you and make sure you don't get in a panic again?" He smirked.

"I don't know, Elijah, maybe you'd better stay to be on the safe side," I smirked back, laughing.

"In that case," He grinned and kissed me, "Let me help you get undressed."

He kissed me passionately, pushing me against the bathroom wall. He pulled my shirt off, ripping all of the buttons off in his haste. I followed suit and threw his carelessly on the floor, before unzipping his trousers and dropping them to the floor as well. We stumbled over to the shower and stepped in, letting the water pour down on us. I smiled up at him as we pulled away for a moment, and he smiled back before kissing me again. His hands slid to my thighs and he hoisted me up on to his waist, as I wrapped my legs around him.

By the time we got out of the shower, if we were human we would have looked like wrinkly prunes. We were sat on the sofa, wrapped up in each other's arms when I decided to ask him about the outside world, "So, what's going on with my brothers and the Elena situation? Have they asked you about getting me out of the tomb I'm supposed to be in yet?"

"Actually yes, well that was after Stefan ran in there trying to rescue you from Katherine, who was telling them that she was draining you of your blood and once you were useless she'd kill you," Elijah said calmly.

"What?" I shouted, sitting up straight. "Stefan's trapped in the tomb? Why didn't you tell me? I need to go back to Mystic Falls."

"Which is exactly why I didn't tell you, because I knew you'd want to go back. It's not safe for you to go back, that's why you're here," Elijah sighed, "Besides, I dealt with it. He wasn't even in there a night."

"You got him out?" I asked and he nodded, "But what about Katherine?"

"Well, I compelled her to stay in the tomb until I said it was okay for her to leave," He shrugged.

"And you will let her leave, won't you?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why do you care? I thought you hated her?" Elijah frowned.

"Well, I did - do - but I guess I owe her," I replied, thinking back to when I was trapped in the tomb with her.

"What for?" Elijah looked even more confused.

"For torturing my stupid cheating ex until I saved his ass, and for actually answering my questions honestly," I explained.

"Questions?"

"When I was trapped in the tomb with her I asked her some questions about why she turned me and stuff, obviously before you told me the whole story," I replied and relaxed back into his side.