Twenty-Four

Kate's POV

I ran back to the house, still crying. I can't believe what Ned did to me. He used me. And the worst is, he didn't love me. Once I have reached the house I hurriedly went to my room and fall on the bed and cry.

After an hour, I am now sniffling, and my tears were bit dry, and know my cheeks were crimson. I heard a knock on the door, and immediately forced back tears. I yelled 'open' and it opens suddenly.

To my surprise, it was Theo, who's smile faded away as he saw me. He ran hurriedly to me, and hugged me tight.

"Oh, my God, Kate, what happened?" That made me cry again, remembering over and over our break up.

"N-Ned. H-He b-b--" I wasn't able to finish my sentence as he wrapped me in his arms.

"What happened to Ned?" He said, as he wipe my tears away by his hands.

"He broke up with me, Theo." I said, crying and sniffling in his arms.

"I'm sorry, Kate. I didn't know." He replied. I hate it when people show me sympathy, but he's one of my best friends anyway, so I don't have a reason to be mad, and he's sweet, and thoughtful.

"It's okay. I think it was half my fault, anyway." I replied.

"No, of course it's not. You've been a perfect girlfriend for him and all he did was throw your love into the garbage." He said, and that made me smile widely.

"Thank you, Theo. I really appreciated your help."

"Anything for my wonderful best friend." That made me blush a bit.

"So, you want something?" He asked, seemeed so concerned about me.

"Uhm, actually, I'm starving."

"What do you want to eat?" He asked.

"The usual." I replied. He smiled and reached for the telephone.

He called and ordered for pizza, and that's the usual food we eat when we were alone together, just both of us. We thought it would make us really close, and it did happened.