This Is Where Reality Sets In

Start from the beginning

Soon enough, my eyes picked up a black car flying down our street.

I think the world may have stopped.

Taylor really was superman.

I ran my fingers through my hair in shock, a grin grew across my face. His Audi skidded to a halt next to the curb, and in a blink of an eye, I was tucked away in those familiar strong arms.

"I'm so sorry Claire. There was traffic, and the baggage claim took forever, and I had to stop for gas-" He ranted constantly in my ear.

I shut him up with an almost goodbye worthy kiss.

"Taylor, don't worry. It's really okay." I shook my head, my hands shook with the fresh adrenaline pumping through. They struggled to hold his beautiful face.

"I'm just glad to see you again..." I breathed, resting my forehead against his broad chest.

His lips touched my hair as we just stood in the early spring air. I squeezed my hands that were around his neck, and groaned.

"Ugh, I hate this." I let go, turning from him.

"What do you hate?" Taylor's tone was gentle, soothing.

"Goodbyes." We've had to do this before and I didn't want a repeat.

"It won't be goodbye forever though, Claire.." He clasped his hand in with mine. The warmth of it sent goosebumps up my spine. "Six months will fly by before you know it.. Hopefully we'll see each other in between those months." He pulled on my hand and I was back. Glued to his front, with both our chests touching. With his rounds piercing into mine, I slowly, agonizingly melted into his heart.

I could feel his energy excluding from him. It was like a huge silo of power was being surged through me. This unreal source of freedom made me feel... real again. His black brows pushed low as he came down towards my lips, laying an ever lasting kiss upon my trembling lips.

Our mouths were sewed passionately together now. I couldn't bear to let go.. His intoxicating breath that blew down my throat, tickled my insides. His palms gently brushed the side of my face, so soft; so smooth. My hands slithered up and underneath his shirt, feeling his defined. Feeling the way he loved me. I didn't care if people in the other houses saw us, I was way too occupied and completely unaware of my senses. Though I could feel that fearful stinging sensation making its way out, I knew it was time to part from my other half.

I took a step back from him, the action had his eyes still closed, though our hands were still intertwined below.

"I love you..." My voice was quiet. It was silent for seconds, awaiting for his reply, but my legs started carrying me back to the car. I let go of one hand, but he had held onto my left tightly, having me pause in mid stride.

"I'll see you soon." His husky tone brought haunting memories into my mind. Memories that would seep there way into my dreams while I was away. And with that, I pulled away from him and got back into the cold car. Where as we drove off down the street, I looked back at his tall figure. A clear vivid flashback played. It played for my own sadness, rubbing it in my face, of what was happening all over again, though longer. I continued watching the reflection on the window mirror, though after a minute, a truck pulled out behind us. As we were about to drive around the corner, the truck went the other way, revealing my view again.. But even as far away as we were, I could still see that Taylor was gone. Pain struck my stomach, uneasiness growing throughout. I pulled on my hood and settled back into the seat, letting a loose tear escape down my face.

It was close to nine thirty once we had arrived at Selena's home. I stepped out and went round to get my suitcase from the trunk, while Sel patted my shoulder as she passed to go see the others. I then walked over, handle in hand, and met her mother for the first time. She'd be joining us on this little adventure. After everyone was pretty much settled in the gigantic bus, we set off towards our first destination. Vegas! How ironic.